Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

SharkWerks/EVO 3.8L GT800: Spring Refresh

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Alex
What's the power difference with the 3.8L compare to 3.6?

Old 02-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Highhats is an unknown quantity at this point
50whp I believe shark told me... and about 60lbs of TQ, right shark?

Old 02-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Highhats
anything w/ regard to turbos spooling up faster/ more trq under the curve?

Old 02-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
with ms109s you're dead right. The curve looked quite different.....

Old 02-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
anything w/ regard to turbos spooling up faster/ more trq under the curve?
Everything to do with that

Old 02-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
have any dyno's (from similar conditions if possible) of a similarly equipped 3.6 vs 3.8?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Highhats is an unknown quantity at this point
have any dyno's (from similar conditions if possible) of a similarly equipped 3.6 vs 3.8?

I second this! Shark where are these dynos . I mean seriously 730awhp is alot for 21psi and a bit hard to believe. I know these turbos have a bunch of creep what did u end up with at high rpm's 23-24 psi? believe its the creep that is giving his these hi peak numbers. 730rwhp is easily believeable but AWHP thats alot. I would really like to see this on a graph compared to your old gt800. thanks

regards,

Suman

Old 02-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Banned
Maciej is an unknown quantity at this point
I second this! Shark where are these dynos . I mean seriously 730awhp is alot for 21psi and a bit hard to believe. I know these turbos have a bunch of creep what did u end up with at high rpm's 23-24 psi? believe its the creep that is giving his these hi peak numbers. 730rwhp is easily believeable but AWHP thats alot. I would really like to see this on a graph compared to your old gt800. thanks

regards,

Suman
I'm going to have to side with Suman on this, I've been part of projects that produce big numbers however that figure converts to ~900 crank horsepower. I'd like to see a dyno graph to confirm also.

-Maciek

Old 02-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Maciej
I'm going to have to side with Suman on this, I've been part of projects that produce big numbers however that figure converts to ~900 crank horsepower. I'd like to see a dyno graph to confirm also.

-Maciek
With 18% drive train loss? Not 900... a smidge above 820 or so. I don't have electronic versions of it. Feel free to ask EVO since that's who dynod it. 23.6psi is NOT low boost. That's a lot of boost on largish turbos. Dynos that aren't engine dynos are pretty meaningless numbers to me other than to show the difference of one particular car before/after and monitoring AFRs/timing during tuning. You guys know I used to go to the track and you could always extrapolate from that... Probably bringing the turbo down to the HRE event in socal late this month so i'll probably redyno and see how she's doing health-wise at GIAC nearby.

Eddie Bellos projects were pretty crazy.

Last edited by sharky; 02-10-2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Former Sponsor
There's some stuff that was posted like that from EVO on some site....

Quick Reply: SharkWerks/EVO 3.8L GT800: Spring Refresh