Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Full Circle, not keeping the GT2

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:00 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I would keep the 2. maybe do the rear seats, it works out fine. But, drive a 997tt, you'll be pleasantly surprised, much better awd setup, more of a 90/10 rear to front drive bias. Very livable, will suit your needs just fine. Afterall, life is all about compromises, this one will work for you!
The 997tt is night and day from a 996tt. I've been on the track with many a 996 gt2, you're not giving up that much, trust me. You can probably do 85-90% of what you do in the 996 gt2 in a 997tt at the track, AND do all the family stuff too!
c
When the time comes, I will be hitting up Tuuner for a test drive.

The 996 Turbo PSM is crazy intrusive. I mean, I can't even do a full opposite lock in first and second gear like I can in the GT2, something is not right about that. But it is cheaper dirt (relatively speaking).