Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Power difference

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Power difference

I just returned from the Honda Indycar in Toronto and on Saturday there was a Ferrari Challenge race, which was Epic to watch.

Now I was curious even though the engines are stock expect that the muffler been removed. Is there a horsepower difference with and with out the muffler. Reason why I ask is that one of the cars still had the muffler on and he was remarkable slower than the rest of the pack.

Also here are some pictures I got from the race day event.

Attached Images      
Old 07-08-2012, 02:22 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
He's was probably like most of the drivers just not good. That's why the car was slower.

F challenge racers need not have any experience or skillset to race.

They just need money.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:16 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
ecu is not stock,airbox not stock etc so def up some horses

Old 07-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
I spoke to the crew chief of one of the cars and he mentioned that the car is ppretty much stock apart, expect for the minus the muffler and he added a carbon airbox.

As for speed wise, from what I could tell they knew how to race these cars, Their line that they took at the last corner (where I was seated) was spot on and wasn't slow at all.

After hearing those 458's going by, shame muffler are required on the street cars, hearing the cars backfiring while shifting was incrediable.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
A friend of mine who I race with is a driving instructor for Ferrari N.A. and works with the challenge series drivers. From what he's told me many of them really don't know how to race. They may be able to stay in the race line but that doesn't mean you can run a quick lap.

The challenge series is all about the ability to write a big check and being able to wad up a few cars.