Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Need Advice: Ferrari F430 Spider or Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
DrAhmed007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the all the input! All very insightful points! Keep them coming!

Old 03-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
I don't have any experience driving an LP640 but I do know the F430 somewhat. In terms of roadsters, I much prefer the LP640's appearance. I'm guessing you may not be tracking the car? If so handling is less of an issue.

It's your money just make sure you love what you buy. Personally, I love the way the 640 looks and I would probably go that route for a drop top. The presence it has is unreal. I'm not wild about the 430 convertibles, although the 16M is awesome.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I am not a big Lambo fan, but my son took this picture on a run and I have always loved it.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
You aren't considering a 640 are you?

640 > 430 > original Murci

(I'd still put my money on the 430 over a 640 but I can see how the 640 is a worthy contestant.)

Old 03-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The LP640 is a great car. But . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7csn7STWsEk

Old 03-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
....the GT2 rs is way better.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ It is certainly faster.

Our Turbos crushed that LP640 all day.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Will always think the Murcielago is one of the sexiest cars out there. But if it was my money we all know what I'd get.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
well my dad owns a f430 spider and i drive it quite often. also i once had a ride in a gallardo, which of course is no murci but useful to compare lambo and ferrari in general.
like u said, these are 2 really different cars.
as far as i can tell the lambo is just way more extreme, its a show car, u always get a crowd while driving around, it surely is quicker in a stright line, but at cornering i would say the f430 is a faster and b easier to handle. on the limit the murci is quite a mess. what i like about lambos is that they are so damn ferocius and aggressive, u can really feel how the car just wants to go fast!
what is really a downside on the murci is the "softtop" like the others said before, and u should consider that its really deep and something like 2,05meters wide, so i would say quite unsuable in daily traffic (depends on what u want). i suppose u would like to go with egear/f1 gearbox?! the ferraris is way better than the lambos!
the ferrari is different: it gives u a huge amount of trust while driving, u really feel safe even when pushing it! the engine is a masterpiece, it just explodes when u push the pedal and it sounds like hell. but it can also be driven slowly and quietly which i think is great. its more useable, the gearbox is faster and smoother...
there is so plenty to say, i`m sure i have forgotten a lot
u should also consider that both cars are italian cars which means they are reliable but sometimes a bit bitchy, especially the electronics
so in summary: take the ferrari! its as near as fast as the lambo, but smoother, more comfy, faster round the corner and way more modern!

Old 03-19-2011, 06:14 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
The LP640 is a great car. But . . . .

YouTube - BBI Turbo vs LP640 vs Proto Turbo
lol at the comments on your video.

Why didn't you just get a used gallardo or Z06 Dana!?!

Quick Reply: Need Advice: Ferrari F430 Spider or Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster?