Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Need Advice: Ferrari F430 Spider or Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
DrAhmed007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need Advice: Ferrari F430 Spider or Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster?

Hi All. I am looking for some advice from those of you who have driven or owned these two cars. I have always been an exotic car enthusiast and am looking to purchase one of these very soon. My price range is $150,000-$200,000. Right now, I just want to start with something pre-owned with low miles so I can get familiar with everything before moving forward with something new. This will be my first Ferrari or Lamborghini.

I'm looking at model years 2005-2008 on the Ferrari F430 Spider & 2005-2006 for the Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster. I was actually surprised to see that the Murcielago was close in price to the F430 even though there was such a difference in original MSRP. Yes, I am aware that the Ferrari is a V-8 with ~490hp and the Murcielago is a V-12 with ~580 hp. Both cars look amazing! The cars fall into 2 separate categories so comparing them now that they are in the same price range is difficult. This is why I'd like to request that you all share your thoughts, suggestions, opinions, etc. I greatly appreciate it! Also if you could please state the pros & cons of each. I'm looking at factors such as looks, drivability, maintenance, overall experience, etc. Thanks in advance!

Old 03-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
DrAhmed007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need Advice: Ferrari F430 Spider or Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster?

Hi All. I am looking for some advice from those of you who have driven or owned these two cars. I have always been an exotic car enthusiast and am looking to purchase one of these very soon. My price range is $150,000-$200,000. Right now, I just want to start with something pre-owned with low miles so I can get familiar with everything before moving forward with something new. This will be my first Ferrari or Lamborghini.

I'm looking at model years 2005-2008 on the Ferrari F430 Spider & 2005-2006 for the Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster. I was actually surprised to see that the Murcielago was close in price to the F430 even though there was such a difference in original MSRP. Yes, I am aware that the Ferrari is a V-8 with ~490hp and the Murcielago is a V-12 with ~580 hp. Both cars look amazing! The cars fall into 2 separate categories so comparing them now that they are in the same price range is difficult. This is why I'd like to request that you all share your thoughts, suggestions, opinions, etc. I greatly appreciate it! Also if you could please state the pros & cons of each. I'm looking at factors such as looks, drivability, maintenance, overall experience, etc. Thanks in advance!

Old 03-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
I think the Ferrari looks better, sounds better, drives better, will hold it's value better, has a nicer interior, and would be more fun to own (a soft top that actually works).

GL with the purchase.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
The 430 is a car that you can actually use.

The Murci doesn't have a top (to actually speak of).

Old 03-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Can only agree with the others, I feel that the Murcielago Roadster, while a very nice car is just too big, too flashy, too heavy, not usable enough, bad resale value, boring interior, has old technology etc...

Old 03-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I would definitely say get the Murcielago Roadster. Ferrari F430 Spiders are just too common whereas the Lambo will make you feel really privileged. But saying that, I photographed a F430 Spider recently and thought it looked really good:

Old 03-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I can't really be objective because I really love Ferrari and think that the F430 Spyder is the best looking vert ever made.

I think that Lambos look like spaceships.

Now, you might like cars that look like extraterrestrial vehicles.

But - for me - I will take the good old prancing horse.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Lambo all the way!

If you roll up in both cars, the Lambo crushes the 430. (appearance wise)

I drove a 640 all winter in the snow, sure it was not a roadster but I am sure that its drivability is good enough for any normal use...

You want something nice, something that is a safe bet, something that a lot of people have, get the F. You want something extreme, unique and crazy, get the Lambo.

My two cents, but I am a Lambo guy all the way...

/JON

Old 03-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by olsson99
You want something nice, something that is a safe bet, something that a lot of people have, get the F. You want something extreme, unique and crazy, get the Lambo.
This is actually a pretty good summation.

Except, I think we all need to put "something that a lot of people have" into perspective.

Neither of these cars are even slightly ubiquitous.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-19-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:26 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
F430 Spider and get a Tubi exhaust.

Quick Reply: Need Advice: Ferrari F430 Spider or Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster?