Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Finalized Spec on 458 Today

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010 | 04:38 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I would only add red seatbelts, would look cool with the red exterior.

Old 11-07-2010 | 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Giallo calipers and rosso? Looks shit, don't do it.
Looks ok, cause it matches the shield.

But do you REALLY want to order another boring red fezza?

I think black or white works way better on this car.

Attached Images  
Old 11-07-2010 | 04:56 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
Looks ok, cause it matches the shield.

But do you REALLY want to order another boring red fezza?

I think black or white works way better on this car.
I spent weeks doing the mental olympics for color choices. I tried everything to get away from resale red, but in the end, I just liked it the best. Black would look good, but I've had 6 black sports cars already. White is not me. Blue is not me. I considered Grigio Silverstone. Not bad, but semi boring. Yellow was also in play, but I didn't like it as much in person. So it was back to Rosso Corsa or Scuderia Red. I like the Rosso a bit better.

As far as the calipers, I personally like yellow. It ties in with the shields and looks good with the Dk. Gray wheels. Guess I got used to the yellow calipers from the PCCB's on my Porsche's.

Last edited by BBTurbo; 11-07-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-07-2010 | 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
I spent weeks doing the mental olympics for color choices. I tried everything to get away from resale red, but in the end, I just liked it the best. Black would look good, but I've had 6 black sports cars already. White is not me. Blue is not me. I considered Grigio Silverstone. Not bad, but semi boring. Yellow was also in play, but I dodn't like it as much in person. So it was back to Rosso Corsa or Scuderia Red. I like the Rosso a bit better.

As far as the calipers, I personally like yellow. It ties in with the shields and looks good with the Dk. Gray wheels. Guess I got used to the yellow calipers from the PCCB's on my Porsche's.
What you like is the main thing. I could have bought a black one last week at list, but I think I'll wait for the scud version.

From what I've heard, it's hard to make a bad choice on this car!

Old 11-07-2010 | 05:00 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
I'm actually cooling off quite a bit on the GT2RS. I got to see to see at least one of each color when I visited the Porsche Factory in Stuttgart last month. I'm not crazy about the CF Hood and side scoops. It's an incredible car, but in the end it's still a GT3RS with a pumped up turbo and a numbered ID plate. The Turbo S is faster 0-60mph and the GT3 has alot more soul. I also already had my 600hp fix with my ZR1. Overall, I'm not sure the GT2RS is worth $275K. Think of what else you can buy for that amount of money. I may just stick with my GT3RS and add a couple of wish list cars, like a 996 GT2 (every Porsche guy has to own the Widowmaker at some point). I'm also lusting after a Ford GT.
Ford GT is tits you will love it, you are on the right track.

Old 11-07-2010 | 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
You've got great taste, BBTurbo! Your 458 will be gorgeous.

As for the GT2RS, I think you'll have as much fun, if not more, in the Ford GT. Throw a pulley on there and it'll eat the GT2RS for lunch around the track. Not to mention the FGT is truly unique whereas the GT2RS is just another 911 variant.

Old 11-07-2010 | 06:38 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm actually cooling off quite a bit on the GT2RS. I got to see to see at least one of each color when I visited the Porsche Factory in Stuttgart last month. I'm not crazy about the CF Hood and side scoops. It's an incredible car, but in the end it's still a GT3RS with a pumped up turbo and a numbered ID plate. The Turbo S is faster 0-60mph and the GT3 has alot more soul. I also already had my 600hp fix with my ZR1. Overall, I'm not sure the GT2RS is worth $275K. Think of what else you can buy for that amount of money.
I understand where you're coming from but after reading these reviews how could you not be excited?

https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/4704...ry-genius.html

https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/4732...rs-driven.html

Yeah your Turbo S is "faster" but it's PDK, GT2 rs (from what I read) is more of an animal and makes you work harder to achieve less. I have a feeling you will be in love with it once you put miles on it. Congrats again.

Originally Posted by Alzilla
Not to mention the FGT is truly unique whereas the GT2RS is just another 911 variant.
Wicked neg rep!

Old 11-07-2010 | 07:03 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Great spec.
Originally Posted by Alzilla
You've got great taste, BBTurbo! Your 458 will be gorgeous.

As for the GT2RS, I think you'll have as much fun, if not more, in the Ford GT. Throw a pulley on there and it'll eat the GT2RS for lunch around the track. Not to mention the FGT is truly unique whereas the GT2RS is just another 911 variant.
This.
Originally Posted by JonA85
Wicked neg rep!
I'll gladly offset that neg rep. The 911 models are described best by a TS member (I think MeanMachine) as "the periodic table".

Old 11-07-2010 | 08:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a dream I had last night...congrats man it is music for the soul just hearing that thing start-up!

Old 11-07-2010 | 08:14 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
shes gonna be a looker...congrats sir...let the countdown begin!!!

Quick Reply: Finalized Spec on 458 Today