Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 05:58 PM
AWG
Teamspeed Senior Member
AWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud of
I saw the car in real life and to be honest it looks way better then the pictures. For some reason the pictures make the car look tiny. In real life the car gives a more aggressive feel to It.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
Originally Posted by jox
I knew I had seen that gaudy design somewhere before.
I tried so hard to be positive, but this is quite honestly the ugliest car I have ever seen in my life

Wow, I swear some of you must be high.

I can really see this becoming an iconic design.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
as long as it will be near as good a mc f1 was then its all good

Old 09-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about

^^^This angle makes it look too close to the Arta Garaiya:

Last edited by TAHorizon; 09-18-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
WindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished road
I like it more every second that passes!
The back just blew my head off, it's epic!

Old 09-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
therealjustin is an unknown quantity at this point
I know the phrase is over-used on the web but seriously...

Kill it with fire!

It actually makes the Pagani Huayra look good!

Old 09-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Funkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished road
Old 09-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
R O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really nice
Originally Posted by Jblack4083
I'm really not seing what everyone hates about the car. I think it's well proportioned especially from a side profile view.
Hi Jblack,

Again, it's only my opinion. But how can you say it's well proportioned ?
I took the example of a Really well proportioned super car, just tell me what you see about it when you compare. Don't you see any difference ? The new Mclaren's profile looks so lung, almost like a chewing gum (if you get me...). It just looks so wrong for this decenny. On the other side, the profile of the Aventador looks straight, tense, and dynamic. And that works for others supercars.

Hope you get my point

Cheers

Old 09-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

As pointed out by Horizon, it looks proportioned to be a race car, not just a flash car. I'd prefer a design born from function, that turns into art - rather than the other way around.

Might be why I like it?

Cheers,
Nik

Old 09-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Gasterus is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DJ
This rear view must be amazing in person as many who have seen it live have mentioned to me pictures will not do it justice....

Inspired by spiderman? Not feeling the design.

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar