Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

Spy shots: Is this the Enzo Successor?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
It looks 458 to me and why would they hide a 458 testing an Enzo engine.

I'd say new rear end for the 458 is my guess.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier

My guess is the bay required significant machining to accommodate a larger v12.

If it were purely cosmetic/aero, testing it under camo would be counterintuitive. The only mechanical data to be collected would be from changes due to aero.

Or, this could be testing of hybrid tech with a layout similar to the 918.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ogaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond repute
458 Breadvan?

Old 12-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ogaleicrum
458 Breadvan?

Love that 250 gt swb in the back. The front car is horrid.

Why not test the v12 in a truck

It would sure be tight in the rear of a 458 for sure

Old 12-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier

They tested the Enzo engine in a 348 i do believe back in the day...so its not too too far off imo.

"Before unveiling the Enzo at the 2002 Paris Motor Show, Ferrari had been working for three years to transfer their F1 expertise to a road car. During the development, three prototypes had been made: the M1, the M2 and the M3, #90865, that we present here.

Construction of this test mule, started on 25th September 2000 and finished on 25th November. Its role was mainly as a rolling test bed for development of the engine.

The body is derived from the model 348 (type F119AB), with modifications to the rear sub frame deriving from the F131 prototype, lengthened by approximately 250 millimeters in order to fit the F140 A-Type V12 engine. In production, the F 140 B was used, with integral block and other small differences. In the engine bay, one notices in particular the large welded aluminum air box, replaced in production by a carbon fiber one. The oil radiator is from the 550 and its position in the production model had not yet been determined.

Important parts of the car are unique and hand-made. The doors and a part of the interior are from the 348 model, and the drive train, brakes, and suspension are mainly from the 355 Challenge. The fenders are made of composite material and the rear ones are removable for quick access to the engine. The bonnet, which hinged on the posterior part of the roof, is removable and has a Lexan screen. The rear windows have been redesigned in order to strengthen the rear structure, and the rear has been modified for the light assembly from the 360 model. The front is derived from the 348 model, has been modified with an asymmetrical air vent direct to the radiator, and the rear bumper has an air outlet let into it. The four exhaust pipes, positioned at the extremities, reinforce the aggressive appeal. Inside the car, the dashboard is modified to allow the fitting of the instrument panel from the 360 Modena.

In practice prototypes such as the M3 are often destroyed, or retained by the factory. The factory has never before offered for auction one of its prototypes. Being a prototype, the car is not guaranteed by Ferrari; no warranty of roadworthiness is implied or given. Ferrari says it should not be registered for road use."

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3171.html

Last edited by McRae; 12-28-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Name:  Ferrari-Prototype-Scoop-4.jpg
Views: 2635
Size:  135.8 KB

Look at the intakes, they aren't normal for an Scuderia version. And the tail lights aren't the definitive. So I think that it isn't a Scuderia.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Seeing how the 458 turned out I wouldn't be surprised if this is what the Enzo successor will look like.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:11 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going with Enzo replacement prototype. No way is this a Scud.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
If it was a scuderia mule it wouldnt be that covered with camo, i guess it could be a 458 with the enzo engine and some enzo aerodynamics for testing. Oh boy i would love to see a modern day bread van!

Old 12-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
My guess Enzo replacement

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spy shots: Is this the Enzo Successor?