Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

My Vintage Kelek

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JLMIAMI is an unknown quantity at this point
My Vintage Kelek

About one year ago I was going through one my late Grandfather's drawers and I came across this watch. Me being the watch nut I am and noticing that the movement still winds I couldn't just put it back. After some research, a complete movement overhaul, and case polish, I found a bit out. This particular brand, Kelek, made the movement casings from Breitling and that this piece has a 1960s Breitling Chronograph movement. These details made me love the watch even more. Here is a shot taken by member Blue4reF1. Although Blake is very well versed in automotive photography his watch shots are simply impeccable. Enjoy!

PS: I urge anyone I can to get into Vintage watches, each one tells a story and has its place in history.

1963 Kelek Incabloc Chronograph on a Custom Kangaroo Nato

Last edited by JLMIAMI; 12-02-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
That's a beautiful watch. I like that its a little beat up, gives it character. Never heard of kelek though, are they still around?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thank you so much,yea when i really only wanted to polish the case and keep the patina of the dial and bezel and i still have the original Tropic strap.......As a watch maker I don't believe they are but i do think they are still making movement casings.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Joksdk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Joksdk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Joksdk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Joksdk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Joksdk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Joksdk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Joksdk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Joksdk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Joksdk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Joksdk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Joksdk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Great story, cool watch, and really nice strap!

Could you share where you got the strap please? Im looking to change up the look of my watch abit

Old 12-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I went ahead and PMd you the guys info, if anyone else wants it let me know