Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

My First Watch

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
My First Watch

I was looking to get some opinions on the watch I just bought yesterday. My dad has plenty of Rolex, Audemars, Tag, and Breitling watches and I have never owned a watch myself and decided I needed to invest in a watch to wear to the office every day. Unfortunately, I don't get to live off of my parent's wallets, so a Rolex was out of the question (however he did hint that a hand-me-down Rolex might be in my future ). My budget was in fact pretty low, however, I think I did a fairly decent job for what I was working with and I was looking for your opinions.
It's a Bulova that I found at Kohl's (lol I know). It was listed for $350 if I remember correctly and I ended up getting it for $280. Not bad I think. Let me know what you all think!

Attached Images   
Old 11-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Looks great mate, top purchase!

Old 11-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by P K Wright
Looks great mate, top purchase!
Thanks! Thats always good to hear from my fellow TeamSpeeders

Old 11-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great...
I have their Harley Davidson 100 anniversary pocket watch

Old 11-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Looks great...
I have their Harley Davidson 100 anniversary pocket watch
Thanks! It's very comforting to hear other members (or at least one other) has one of their watches. I was a little worried when purchasing it, since I'd never heard of them, but I'm liking my purchase more and more as I wear it!

Old 11-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

Looks nice mate, and good on you for being realistic with your budget.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Nik

Old 11-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great Man! I had a Guess watch for a while then went to bulova and movado next. It is always to good to get a starter piece and work your way up, it makes you appreciate them more and under stand their construction.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
A very nice touch my friend, and a great start to what i assume will be a large collection. Enjoy it.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great man. I personally love Bulova. There's a rose gold one i'll be buying soon. I had one a few years ago that was stolen.

Nice pick up.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by theprotest
Hi,

Looks nice mate, and good on you for being realistic with your budget.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Nik
Thanks Nik! Was worried my options would be few with such a low budget but I turned out alright I think.

Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
Looks great Man! I had a Guess watch for a while then went to bulova and movado next. It is always to good to get a starter piece and work your way up, it makes you appreciate them more and under stand their construction.
Thanks! I agree. I never really understood watches or appreciated them until purchasing one.

Originally Posted by Mixtape
A very nice touch my friend, and a great start to what i assume will be a large collection. Enjoy it.
Thanks Matt! One day I'll work it into a nice collection hopefully!

Originally Posted by Scott Davis
Looks great man. I personally love Bulova. There's a rose gold one i'll be buying soon. I had one a few years ago that was stolen.

Nice pick up.
Thanks Scott. That sucks about your Bulova. Thats never fun. I hope you find one you see as a suitable replacement.