Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

My impressions of the Panerai 339 Marina Militaire CC 8 Giorni

Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
My impressions of the Panerai 339 Marina Militaire CC 8 Giorni

Out to dinner in Portofino I had to enter boutique Panerai and have a look at the 292. I was greeted by the lovely saleswomen Gabriella which took time to talk about watches, the history of panerai and show me what she had in stock. I was in no intention to purchase a watch because I was looking for something special such as the ones with roman numerals or a special edition Panerai which I thought was hard to acquire at the dealers. So I asked about the specials and out comes the Panerai Radomir 339 Composite Ceramic 8 Giorni Marina Militaire. I tried it on an d I really liked the vintage look going in with the strap and sandwich dial, I was amazed that it's 47mm and I can barely feel it on my wrist. Gabriella went to get other Panerai's to look at and I grabbed my phone to see how much this watch was going for online; I noticed that even with de-tax I was getting a very special watch for under MSRP and it's not common to find or buy one in the spot I'm told. I got this watch on the spot and it was quiet an impulse buy before going to dinner.

I'm quiet happy with my latest purchase, I was never too keen on panerai because i cant differentiate the models; however when it came to special editions i loved the simplicity and uniqueness of each model because they are truly spectacular.

The 339 has a inhouse movement and has power reserve that last for 8 days.
I'm glad that I got a brand new 339 for much cheaper than 2nd hand models online.

I did some research and found out that panerai is not going to produce any other watch with marina Militaire due to some conflict with the Italian navy(possible collector piece in future Only 1,500 produced mine is in 6X7).

I recommend anyone to visit the boutique whilst visiting portofino because they offer nice variety of Panerai's in stock and it's the best service i got when buying watches compared to (Saint Tropez,Cannes,MonteCarlo and Porto Cervo).

She was kind enough to give me an extra strap, rain coat, t shirt, polo and some panerai books. The 339 is a nice distinctive piece to add along to my watch collection with the Rolex Daytona, AP ROO Rubberclad, AP ROO CF BumbleBee and Omega SpeedMaster Schumacher The Legend". Thisnis my 5th automatic watch. I've got two others which is a quartz bulgari and two gshocks.

Attached are some pics of the watch and the area.

Enjoy the narrative

Attached Images           

Last edited by MeanMachine; 06-18-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Teamspeed Member
jenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura about
I got the same strap on my 111 at the moment. Love it but very fragile!

The jeans is Jacob Cohen am I right?

Nice watch man, I'm jealous.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:17 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jenswillemen
I got the same strap on my 111 at the moment. Love it but very fragile!

The jeans is Jacob Cohen am I right?

Nice watch man, I'm jealous.
Thank you not Jacob Cohen. The 339 won't be my daily watch, I prefer the Daytona with the steel bracelet very comfy and takes a nice beating.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Great write up! It's great that you fell in love with the piece on the spot. I love the shape of the radiomir case, and the vintage look really suites that watch. It also fits nicely into your collection. Sounds like a good trip. BTW - I like those shoes!

Old 06-18-2012, 11:51 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Great write up! It's great that you fell in love with the piece on the spot. I love the shape of the radiomir case, and the vintage look really suites that watch. It also fits nicely into your collection. Sounds like a good trip. BTW - I like those shoes!
Thanks not particularly a fan of Panerai's Specificaly the luminor it looks ugly, I like to keep it oem not keen on the whole customized strap side of the paneritsi world.

Yes Radomir are lovely, simple and can be dressed down or up but i think it's too big(47mm) to be a dress or formal watch.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 06-18-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Pics of sales woman?

Very nice write up and great looking Panerai!

Old 06-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
Pics of sales woman?
This!

Congrats Mo! Awesome looking watch. Does this piece have a display caseback as well? Enjoy it in good health!

Old 06-18-2012, 03:58 PM
AMGFanatic
The watch doesn't have a display case back unfortunately. I don't have pics of the saleswomen because I was in a hurry to get a shuttle to the hotel because after 9pm no service.

Some more pics from today out in the wild, im loving it more..

Attached Images          
Old 06-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Lovely purchase! Always nice to have impulse buys that turn out satisfactory afterwards. You got yourself a very special Panerai indeed. Enjoy it in good health.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, the sun really brings out the brownish color of the case! It almost looks like a really aged bronze color but obviously much more uniform. So sick!

I wish my wrist could pull off a 47mm watch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My impressions of the Panerai 339 Marina Militaire CC 8 Giorni