Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

AP Royal Oak Offshore

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cream168 is an unknown quantity at this point
AP Royal Oak Offshore

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Mens Wristwatch Model: 26400RO.OO.A002CA.01

Going to be picking up this watch. First time owning an AP, any suggestions would be great! The thing is in my city there is no certified retailer / service so I have to make a little trip to pick it up, no biggie though, they only need service like what once a year or?

Old 04-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cream168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Watches at Gemnation.com

The Grand Prix editions are nice also.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
I love AP's and just picked up my first a few weeks ago also. But at that kind of money I would be looking at Patek or a Tourbillion JLC. A gold AP with just a normal chrono for over 50k is just too much. The F1 singapore at 40k is my fav but still too much money for the watch.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:10 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for bringing that point up...
didn`t want to be the ass again so I refrained from doing so

def. a lot for an AP of this kind but everybody feels different on what a certain piece is worth to him

So...whatever you do,enjoy your new addition!
I`m sure you can make out some special arrangements with your dealer for the times service is due...so no biggie

Old 04-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Very nice. The new RG ROO Chrono. I hope you have a big enough wrist.. that thing is a beast!

Old 04-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
don't worry about service
no, it will not require service after a year

if you can work out a deal for that piece, go ahead and do it if you like it. personally i prefer the older 42mm RG rubberclad, with the 'matte' effect of the rubber bezel and the arabic numerals; however the newer 44mm is a great design and really sits well on the wrist

before you pull the trigger, may i suggest you take a look online at trusted sellers' prices for the same watch. start at purists.com and timezone, they give a very good indicator of what is deemed 'fair' by the market

yes those watches fetch a huge premium but the demand in the 2nd market makes up for it and in the end you're getting a 'good' deal in terms of resale - although i never advocate selling any watch

Old 04-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cream168
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Mens Wristwatch Model: 26400RO.OO.A002CA.01

Going to be picking up this watch. First time owning an AP, any suggestions would be great! The thing is in my city there is no certified retailer / service so I have to make a little trip to pick it up, no biggie though, they only need service like what once a year or?
Wear it an enjoy it. Watch service is every 5 years if that. Get a discount the Rose has the worst re-sale... ask me how I know

Old 05-06-2012, 03:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i have a brand new Rose Gold GP/Carbon for sale if u're interested. PM me for detail.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
i have a brand new Rose Gold GP/Carbon for sale if u're interested. PM me for detail.
Much better rose model to own is the GP, then the new 44.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Go for this instead of the new 44 ROO.