Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

How can I get this G-shock Frogman?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Saw 4 versions today at Bic Bic...I was tempted.

1) Black w/red pushers (yours)
2) Red w/black pushers
3) Black w/G-Shock in silver
4) Black with G-Shock in purple

¥63,000/$775

via SoftBank/iPhone/Tapatalk

Old 04-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! That is a huge watch. When you say true atomic watchoo mean? I was under the impression that they all sync via radio.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by akiruno
Saw 4 versions today at Bic Bic...I was tempted.

1) Black w/red pushers (yours)
2) Red w/black pushers
3) Black w/G-Shock in silver
4) Black with G-Shock in purple

¥63,000/$775

via SoftBank/iPhone/Tapatalk
Surprised that these aren't significantly cheaper when purchased in Japan. Fortunately, I didn't pay that much either.

#4 "Men In Purple" is striking color combo. Love it or hate it. Not sure many can pull that one off.

Originally Posted by big_slacker
Congrats! That is a huge watch. When you say true atomic watchoo mean? I was under the impression that they all sync via radio.
Thanks. This is the info I got from Wiki.
"Typically, the "GW" designation refers to G-Shocks that can receive time updates from radio signals which are commonly called, though incorrectly, "atomic signals" But, no Frogman has been equipped with this feature prior to the release of the GWF-1000. The GWF-1000 is the latest addition to the Frogman line, introduced on September 2009 in Japan. It represents the fifth generation of the Frogman series. The GWF-1000 is now capable of receiving time updates from six locations worldwide (Mainflingen [Germany], Anthorn [England], Ft Collins [USA], Shanqui [China] & Fukushima & Fukuoka/Saga [Japan]), while retaining ISO 6425 200 m water resistance, shock resistance, dive time measurement and solar power. It also incorporates a tide and moon graph function. Like the first generation Frogman, the GWF-1000 employs a stainless steel construction with the addition of diamond-like coating (DLC) to improve corrosion resistance."

Old 04-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
My gulfman is gw, it syncs to one of 5 atomic clocks worldwide, solar, rust resist (titanium case). That's why the cost of the frogman seemed high since features are similar an Ti is usually more costly to machine than SS.

In any case, that frogman is pretty sweet

Old 04-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
My gulfman is gw, it syncs to one of 5 atomic clocks worldwide, solar, rust resist (titanium case). That's why the cost of the frogman seemed high since features are similar an Ti is usually more costly to machine than SS.

In any case, that frogman is pretty sweet
Can't speak to the Gulfman or any other Master of G models, but the GWF series are supposedly the only Frogman models that receive true atomic signals.
Regardless, agreed that the price is very lofty for a digital watch. This exact topic has been beaten to death on watchuseek. Some argue it has unique features + collectibility, but I think it basically comes down to whether or not you (the owner, not YOU in particular) feels it's worth it. I suppose this applies to any timepiece. Personally, I think spending $20,000 on a watch is utterly absurd. Many on here would disagree.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the rough
Love it. Congrats great pick up!

Old 04-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you managed to get one so quickly.....
CongratZ!!!!!

Old 05-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
sanjay is an unknown quantity at this point
the price is only 725 if anyone cares and is looking for this now

Old 05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
No it's not.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Vasbotten is a name known to allVasbotten is a name known to allVasbotten is a name known to allVasbotten is a name known to allVasbotten is a name known to allVasbotten is a name known to allVasbotten is a name known to allVasbotten is a name known to allVasbotten is a name known to allVasbotten is a name known to allVasbotten is a name known to all
I love this watch, mind if I ask where you got it?