Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Hello All - Recommendations For a New Watch

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
XTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished road
i am liking the look of this....
http://www.essential-watches.com/Bre...ck-Strap-21144

Last edited by XTO; 03-23-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
That Breguet is a real nice watch, a notch under AP & PP quality wise though and shitty 2nd hand value.

Last edited by PorscheFanatic; 03-26-2012 at 03:38 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:11 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
XTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished road
PFantic - i agree that PP are better and different league to most watches, but do you think AP are a better watch maker than breguet? Not on design, but on movement and mechanical? I always saw AP more of a "now" watch "in style" for the last 5 years etc..... welcome your view

Old 03-26-2012, 05:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XTO
PFantic - i agree that PP are better and different league to most watches, but do you think AP are a better watch maker than breguet? Not on design, but on movement and mechanical? I always saw AP more of a "now" watch "in style" for the last 5 years etc..... welcome your view
AP has in general finer movements. Don't think the Breguet Marine movements are all that special tbh. AP is considered one of the top 3 brands in the world togehter with Patek & Vacheron. Breguet has a quite cool history that goes wayy back though.

I guess AP has gotten alot more popular lately but have always been one of the greats and will always be IMO.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:37 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
hi all, thought i would update you on what i ended up adding to my collection, picture below. Picked it up last friday.

Quality watch, well weighted and excellent detail.

Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XTO
hi all, thought i would update you on what i ended up adding to my collection, picture below. Picked it up last friday.

Congrats! Of all the watches in this thread, that would have been my choice

Old 05-01-2012, 08:59 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Congrats! Of all the watches in this thread, that would have been my choice
Thanks harveyman. Yea looking back it was always gona be this one.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by XTO

Enjoy the Breguet Marine Chrono!

Old 05-01-2012, 09:31 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by BDSK
Enjoy the Breguet Marine Chrono!
Thanks BDSK.

Now i just need to stay away from the vacheron constantin dealer....

Old 05-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XTO

Stunning, a gold breguet is the tops.

Originally Posted by XTO
Thanks BDSK.

Now i just need to stay away from the vacheron constantin dealer....
I spent 2 hours looking at various VC watches before going to bed last night. A patrimony tradionalle in WG and manual wind is calling my name!

Quick Reply: Hello All - Recommendations For a New Watch