Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Have you seen Hublot's press conference at Baselworld 2012?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
sam is right
saying that you can afford an RM if you can afford a ferrari is wrong

on topic: i would never pay more than 7.25k for a hublot and even then there would be so many choices that i doubt i would actually buy one myself

definitely a love/hate thing with hublots from what i've seen
locally, it is more of a fashion/prosperity statement than conviction in the brand, let alone the watchmaking

Old 03-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sheynk
If you can spend a couple hundred G on a tub of carbon with wheels, you can do it for a watch. If you are stretching to buy an f-car you are a financial idiot.
Watch what you say, you are more than likely offending some on this forum with that statement

Old 03-11-2012, 11:38 AM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sheynk
If you can spend a couple hundred G on a tub of carbon with wheels, you can do it for a watch. If you are stretching to buy an f-car you are a financial idiot.
I get what you're saying, but there's a substantial difference between being able to comfortably afford a Ferrari and being able to "easily" afford the car + a watch who's retail is 2 times the worth of your car. Placing everyone in that upper bracket is just unreasonable, it's like saying that the premise of buying a Ferrari logically amounts to you being able to afford 2 or 3 of them, and I just don't believe that is the case.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by samuel.g
I get what you're saying, but there's a substantial difference between being able to comfortably afford a Ferrari and being able to "easily" afford the car + a watch who's retail is 2 times the worth of your car. Placing everyone in that upper bracket is just unreasonable, it's like saying that the premise of buying a Ferrari logically amounts to you being able to afford 2 or 3 of them, and I just don't believe that is the case.
Or the fact that not all Ferrari's are $100k+