Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

When does your collection require a Rolex?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
AdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent posts, asg612.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
asg612
and no actually i had no idea rolex are non-profit .. hmm
also, from my observation, a LOT of decisions are made in the US (?) or here at least based on social perception and/or reaction. imho being in a cult or niche just to be in the niche is just the same as giving in to a trend or fad.

i agree that you can't beat a bracelet watch for the quality, history, and most importantly appeal - as well as holding its worth. to me they truly are timeless pieces and have stopped acquiring them because of the new bigger cases which did not appeal to me as they deviated from what i had in mind. not that i think less of them, but just that i did not fall in love with them

try the ss/plat Yachtmaster, imho it is the most underrated rollie.
the gmtii c is a huge hit and that is because of its sportiness AND classiness at the same time complemented by how you dress.
the now-previous sub is a great watch and i prefer the brushed bracelet.
daytona is great but you must love it before you buy it and not buy it because of the demand for it.
datejusts (36mm) are great to me because of the huge variety in dials which set a very different tone accordingly

i would love to go back to not having a single rollie and enjoying the hunt(s) trying on and reading up on all the models

Old 01-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Ok you guys win. I give. I'm buying one tonight

Bahahaha
Asg you know I did preface that a lot of people I know from tS as well are not douche. I won't change my opinion that more are idiots flaunting it than not. Does that mean everyone? Nope not at all.

I also respect everyone's opinion as I always do.

I just can't wear a watch that everyone has. It's not in me and never will be.

Rolex non profit lots of places claim that. It doesn't mean the top 15 guys in the company don't split the millions at the end of the year in bonuses to keep non profit status

I don't care one way or the other on for or non profit. I hope if you are in business you do make money.

I've also never once dissed the watch maker themselves although there are only two or three I would wear. I own one of those as well. I am a douche tho so SEE most are douche.

I stand behind my claim that a watch collection NEVER has to have a Rolex. I watch collection should have a Patek. After all didn't those two cats make the first wrist watch? Maybe a Bregeut because they are the first makers of most of the original movements?

But in all honesty a collection of Swatches to me is a watch collection. Anytime someone loves watches and buys them in mass they are a true collector in my book whether $80 bucks each or $80k each.

I'm good with all. Except you douchebag Rolex wearing cvcksockers

Old 01-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by asg612
HA! I didnt see this when I was posting....

I actually just ordered a Black dial daytona for a colleague as a surprise "bonus" gift.

Truth is, I eat my words alot when it comes to Rolex, but when you accept the fact that Rolex has a strong resale, and are the best sports beaters around at (compared to others) fair prices - its a winning combination.

Be careful Mark - I'm sending you a GMT IIc fedex. PM me your address
Pm sent

On a side note:
Does anyone want to buy a GMT llc

I did inquire once because I like the looks on one of those blacked out Millagas (spelling?) but found out that that was all aftermarket and not factory. I lost interest. Those look cool.

I also only own one bracelet watch in my stuff and highly doubt I will ever add another. They aren't my style.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:14 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by POWERHOUSE
^Except gold.

I like the rose gold.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
AdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond reputeAdamC has a reputation beyond repute
Yes the all PVD milgauss is ****ing sexual.. I love it

Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
the blue wg is the best looking rollie out, imho.

fwiw, ive worn the same gmtii (blk and red) for 15 years straight and have never considered replacing it. its a keeper.

your collection deserves a nice rolex!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by AdamC
Yes the all PVD milgauss is ****ing sexual.. I love it

That's a good looking watch but I was told they are aftermarket. I don't like that.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:25 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The Everose Gold Daytona with leather strap is amazing

Old 01-05-2012, 12:31 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
That's a good looking watch but I was told they are aftermarket. I don't like that.
Yeah, Prohunter is the customizer.

Quick Reply: When does your collection require a Rolex?