Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

TS member's opinions on PP Nautilus vs. AP Royal Oak

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
TS member's opinions on PP Nautilus vs. AP Royal Oak

Was roaming the internet found an article or two titled "PP Nautilus vs. AP Royal Oak". I was curious what the guys on here thought about it. In regards to movement, style, heritage, bracelet, clasp, face, feel, perception etc...

I found a Patek boutique in Westwood, Ca. I should not have walked in. The Nautilus is my "grail". The watch that got me into watches. Seeing one in person and trying it on was

Here are some of the articles:
Jumbo vs Jumbo
WATCHINGHOROLOGY.COM - Royal Oak Jumbo v Nautilus Jumbo

Old 11-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Have u considered the PP on leather?

Old 11-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Have u considered the PP on leather?
Well my favorite version is the RG on brown leather, but I haven't it in person and is too much money for me. But for the SS I really like the band. It is gorgeous and comfortable.

Im selling my rolex daytona and have been looking at the AP Royal Oak Skeleton (havent seen that exact model in person but got to try on a Royal Oak Perpetual calender skeleton) and the SS Nautilus (base model).

But I am just curious to hear from people here since there are a lot of experienced watch guys here and im sure some own 1 or both!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
This just confirms that AP is nothing but a PP poser.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
PP, no contest.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Barrister
Why?

The AP Royal Oak was first made in 1970. The PP Nautilus in 1974.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
Check mate ^

Old 11-29-2011, 09:41 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Don't be an idiot now. They were both designed by Gérald Genta and are both the best "sport" watches money can buy.

Go back to your shit Hublots. AP doesn't want you.

Last edited by vtgts300kw; 11-29-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
I think I'd generally lean PP over AP, but in this case AP all the way for me. Never been a big Nautilus fan.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:43 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
And i'd go with the Jumbo over that particular Nautilus.

Last edited by vtgts300kw; 11-29-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Quick Reply: TS member's opinions on PP Nautilus vs. AP Royal Oak