Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

TS member's opinions on PP Nautilus vs. AP Royal Oak

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011 | 09:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Based on bracelets alone, I prefer the beautiful sculpting of the AP. It is purposeful, sharp, and masculine.

The "bubbled" look of the PP's center links turns me off. It reminds me of the bracelets you see on alot of $40 watches. It just looks kind of lazy to me.

So, if leather is out of the question. I would choose the AP.

Old 11-29-2011 | 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
Why?

The AP Royal Oak was first made in 1970. The PP Nautilus in 1974.
I was being sarcastic.

Old 11-29-2011 | 11:39 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I dont like that particular nautilus, I preffer the steel with the moon phase on black leather or the 5980.

Would choose the AP however a dual time in steel with the silver dial.

Old 11-30-2011 | 01:04 AM
Teamspeed Member
iceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
Well my favorite version is the RG on brown leather, but I haven't it in person and is too much money for me. But for the SS I really like the band. It is gorgeous and comfortable.

Im selling my rolex daytona and have been looking at the AP Royal Oak Skeleton (havent seen that exact model in person but got to try on a Royal Oak Perpetual calender skeleton) and the SS Nautilus (base model).

But I am just curious to hear from people here since there are a lot of experienced watch guys here and im sure some own 1 or both!
May i try to convince u on getting the 5980R Pls excuse the fotos quality as i shoot it w my mobile.

Attached Images   
Old 11-30-2011 | 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
This just confirms that AP is nothing but a PP poser.
This confirms that you don't know what you're talking about.

Old 11-30-2011 | 01:11 AM
Teamspeed Member
iceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the rough
The AP royal oak perpetual calender skeleton limited edition ( platinum rings w SS case n strap)Belongs to one of TS member steve.

Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2011 | 01:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
This confirms that you don't know what you're talking about.
Lighten up Francis.

Last edited by Barrister; 11-30-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-30-2011 | 03:01 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
everyone calm down!!! Jesus H Christ!!!! Hopefully the attacks are playful

love the RG on brown strap with the power reserve and moon phase. I like the chrono's size and pushers but Im not a big fan of the face/ chrono set up.

I'd like the steel, especially the rose gold with the moon phase but its around 36+ which is more than I want to spend and with no complications its 26k.

I peronally love the PP bracelet. Seeing that watch in person made me realize that photo dont come close to capturing that watch. I also always disliked the PP w/out any complications but seeing it in person its a whole different story. The watch just shines, pops, like a diamond. It really is gorgeous.

So im deciding between the SS Nautilus and this AP RO Skeleton. One reason I lean toward the PP is cause I already have the AP ROO Safari, but I love the Skeleton and have always wanted one. I can look at it for days. Both are similar in price. I was really set on the AP Skeleton but after seeing the Patek in person I melted. I mean I havent gotten that excited over a watch in a bit. I fell in love. I havent been able to try on the AP Skeleton, only the AP perpetual calendar skeleton which felt amazing. Just too expensive and too hard to read imo.

Which to get...this or PP Nautilus ?!?!?!

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 11-30-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old 11-30-2011 | 03:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Hard choice, I bet a Nautilus will have a better 2nd hand value and it's more of a classic, the 15305 on the other hand is extremely beautiful, rarer, more unique etc.

Old 11-30-2011 | 03:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Ap Pp skeleton > plain pp.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: TS member's opinions on PP Nautilus vs. AP Royal Oak