Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

TS member's opinions on PP Nautilus vs. AP Royal Oak

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 03:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
It is a very hard choice! I know Patek has great 2nd hand value and doesnt really depreciate. The AP RO Skeleton is hard to find thou and may do alright in the secondary market. I could only find 1 used one and the guy is trying to sell it for more than I believe I can get a new one discounted.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
Ap Pp skeleton > plain pp.
You SOB, is that yours?! My grail piece!

Old 11-30-2011, 04:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Lgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond repute
Super hard choice...wouldnt like to change with you...oh wait...I would!

Like many said before the watches are very different with the PP being very classy and neutral and the AP being a bit insane but SUPER COOL. Depends on what you are after...if you take the AP I can sell you the PP for 50$...they are so cheap over here...I wonder why haha

Old 11-30-2011, 04:20 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I dont think the AP Skeleton would hold its value, a better choice would be saving up for a used Perpetual Calander AP Royal Oak.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
PP > AP any/every day

Old 12-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Like you have any experience with horological pieces!

Old 12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
Nautilus vs Royal Oak is too general a question to get a really good informed answer.

The answer is that both are iconic lines. All else equal, I prefer the Royal Oak design, but there are some fantastic Nautilus models and some truly awful Royal Oaks.

Is your question specifically 15305 vs 5711? Get the 15305 without a second thought.

-Steve

Old 12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
agreed, too vague of a ques

Old 12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by SteveH
Nautilus vs Royal Oak is too general a question to get a really good informed answer.

The answer is that both are iconic lines. All else equal, I prefer the Royal Oak design, but there are some fantastic Nautilus models and some truly awful Royal Oaks.

Is your question specifically 15305 vs 5711? Get the 15305 without a second thought.

-Steve
They were just articles I thought were a interesting read. But basically comparing 15202 to Nautilus 5711 / Jumbo vs Jumbo

For me I am deciding between AP RO Skeleton15305 vs Nautilus 5711

Old 12-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
They were just articles I thought were a interesting read. But basically comparing 15202 to Nautilus 5711 / Jumbo vs Jumbo

For me I am deciding between AP RO Skeleton15305 vs Nautilus 5711
As I said, 15305 vs 5711 is a no-brainer. 15305 vs 5712 a bit more interesting but I'd still go 15305. 15202 vs 5711 is a toss-up for me.

-S

Quick Reply: TS member's opinions on PP Nautilus vs. AP Royal Oak