Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Review: Custom Engagment Ring by Gems by J.Wade

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Still Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond repute
Review: Custom Engagment Ring by Gems by J.Wade

I feel it's good policy and karma to let others know about experiences with vendors, especially those who are board sponsors.

I recently had a custom engagement ring completed by J.Wade for my engagement last weekend and I wanted to give a re-cap of the service, quality, and experience.

I started talking to Jason probably close to a year ago, just asking some broad questions at first so that it would help me narrow some things down. He was always quick to respond and not pushy, as we kept exchanging e-mails we had determined the stone size and cut, although not ready to pull the trigger he was totally cool. Instead of pesky sales calls or e-mails trying to get me to buy he would shoot me a quick e-mail every time the stone I wanted came into his inventory (it's a relatively uncommon cut) which was great, because I knew he was looking out for me.

Finally about 2 months ago I finally decided to pull the trigger and get the ring. I e-mailed Jason and figured out all of the details and we were good to go!

Next step was the CAD renderings! There were about 6 more than the 3 below from all different angles!

I was truly blown away by the design and renderings, it was a 1000 times better than I had imagined in my head! I didn't need any changed or modifications so I approved the ring to be made.

About a week later I got the ring FedEx overnighted to me and I must say that it was even more spectacular in person! Every person who has seen the pictures and renderings thinks the ring is 1000 better in person...it's truly a work of art!

(sorry for the non-pro shots....those are coming)

FINAL THOUGHTS:

The communication, quality, and price were out of this world. Especially for creating a truly custom ring and not something you have to worry about anyone else having! I looked up a similar spec ring on Blue Nile and it was coming in around $8,000 and I paid over a 1/3 less! The quality and finish were amazing, it looks so much better than a lot of other rings I've seen from other companies! Also it was pretty crazy that I never spoke to Jason on the phone, everything was done via e-mail!

The only hiccup was a slight delay during casting and a mix up with FedEx but other than that it was a great experience for a work of art.

If anyone has any specific questions I'd be more than happy to field pm's.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Lgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond repute
That is one beautiful piece. Amazing work! Looking forward to see the professional shots.
Thanks for the great write up!

Old 11-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
that is a beautiful ring! congrats as well! good to hear you had an amazing customer service from one of the board members.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That's a beautiful ring! Congrats on the engagement!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Banned
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Mike,

Congrats on getting engaged, now the real fun begins Thanks for compliments on my work and service. This was a really unique design, and I'm ecstatic it came out as awesome as it did. Enjoy it in good health my man!

Jason