Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Custom Seikos

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Lgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond repute
Custom Seikos

Hey been looking into those modded Seikos for some time now and I have to say some of those look amazing!
Just wanted to share some pics with you guys, what do you think?

I know some of the members also of some custom Seikos, would be cool to see those.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That second one looks awesome.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:00 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
My modded 007 on a NATO and Bracelet

Old 11-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Some of those are really nice. Forgive my watch noobness, but how do you 'mod' a watch?

Old 11-19-2011, 08:26 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Some of those are really nice. Forgive my watch noobness, but how do you 'mod' a watch?
Change the face, bezel, hands. crystal, etc. Generally takes some skills.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Lgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond repute
Nice looks great, did you do that yourself?

Yup you pretty much can change everything and Seikos seem to be the most popular ones to mod. Either you buy the parts and try doing it yourself, which might end up in a big mess, or you just find someone doing it for you.

Some more:

Old 11-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool. All of them are pretty sharp.

Is there a favorite 'base' watch people like to work from? Where do you source the parts?

Last edited by bonehead; 11-19-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I dont know about the base, just that they almost only use Seikos.
If you look around the net you hear about this guy all the time:
Home - DAGAZ WATCH LTD.

His stuff is amazing. He has a lot of parts, finished watches but also makes custom ones.
Other than that, I saw a lot in other forums, I will try to get a list of sites together

Old 11-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Lgebbers
I dont know about the base, just that they almost only use Seikos.
If you look around the net you hear about this guy all the time:
Home - DAGAZ WATCH LTD.

His stuff is amazing. He has a lot of parts, finished watches but also makes custom ones.
Other than that, I saw a lot in other forums, I will try to get a list of sites together
Nice. Something about the first one you posted.

Think it reminds me of the 'McQueen' Explorer. Love that watch.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by bonehead
Nice. Something about the first one you posted.

Think it reminds me of the 'McQueen' Explorer. Love that watch.

You are right, it seems very common to take ideas from exciting watches. Some even copy the logos, but thats pretty stupid I guess. But as long as they are still unique it's fine with me.

Little more info about that watch:
Title: Ultimate Seiko Diver

Base watch: Seiko SKX007/ SKX009 or SKX173 diver

Dial and Hands: MkII type I hands, hour in white, minute in orange, seconds hand is arrow sweep in white

Day / Date wheels: Black day and date wheels installed

Crystal: Stock Seiko Hardlex or MkII sapphire

Chapter ring: Stock Seiko, sterilized (all black) stock or MkII aluminum chapter ring

Bezel: Stock Seiko or MkII 12 Hour GMT insert

Case and bracelet: Glass bead blasted finish
There you can see that you even have different options when it comes to the base watch and so on, so it's all up to your taste.

Quick Reply: Custom Seikos