Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

How do you guys clean your watches?

Old 06-27-2011, 04:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
How do you guys clean your watches?

I noticed some grime settling between the links in my bracelet on my Royal Oak and I would like to remove it but I'm afraid to f* up the brushed metal if I use the wrong method, how do you guys do it?

Old 06-27-2011, 05:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Spit shine usually works for me.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
i just rinse them with soap normally
works fine on my brushed/polished/ti watches
i wouldn't worry, i'm sure the finishing can take it

what you should take care of are desks and other rough surfaces

Old 06-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I generally leave mine untouched. In the case of scratches I use Cod Cloth on polished surfaces.

A word of warning for anyone with a Royal Oak, be very careful to not polish away the detailing in either the bracelet or the case/bezel as this can impact the value of your watch significantly. The crisp edges on the octagonal bezel are one of the first things buyers will look at, and they are very easy to destroy by polishing. As for the bracelet, they are each made by Gay Frères and are just as important as the rest of the watch to most buyers. Be very careful when polishing an RO, usually more can go wrong than can go right.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
I noticed some grime settling between the links in my bracelet on my Royal Oak and I would like to remove it but I'm afraid to f* up the brushed metal if I use the wrong method, how do you guys do it?
I use this product called Blitz Foamz 657 for my metal bracelets. Works like a charm.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I got my wife a sharper image steam cleaner for her jewelry and it works great on my watches.

But I normally just hit it with some wa rm water in the shower.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
JasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant future
I usually use a really soft toothbrush with some warm soapy water. Seems to work great on the metal bracelets without being harsh at all.

Just don't go mixing it up with your everyday toothbrush

Old 06-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Gentle dishwashing liquid...rinse with warm water and dry with soft cloth.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JLMIAMI is an unknown quantity at this point
absolutely best stuff out there is called cape cod metal polish been around for ever use it on everything diamonds, platinum, etc! incredible product

Old 06-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Teamspeed Member
pjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enough
Bowl of warm water, bit of Bicarbonate soda takes the dirt off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you guys clean your watches?