Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

The most reputable store in the OC to buy used rolex?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 01:51 AM
acf
Teamspeed Junior Member
acf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished road
The most reputable store in the OC to buy used rolex?

Looking to buy a used steel submariner, 2005+. Has anyone heard of south bay jewelry?

Thanks in advance...

Old 04-09-2011, 02:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Any Jewelry store is going to charge you a premium on used watches due to overhead.

I would try Ebay. There are some real deals to be had there.

I am in Orange County and have never heard of South Bay Jewelry.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:35 AM
acf
Teamspeed Junior Member
acf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished roadacf is on a distinguished road
I'd love to just buy one over ebay right now, I do almost all my shopping online, but I have my doubts about authenticity or tampering if I buy one sight unseen online. Maybe it's fine though.

Originally Posted by Barrister
Any Jewelry store is going to charge you a premium on used watches due to overhead.

I would try Ebay. There are some real deals to be had there.

I am in Orange County and have never heard of South Bay Jewelry.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
If the seller has a good feedback record - for example more than 1000 transactions and a rating of over 98% - then I would trust them.

I sell and buy a lot of things on Ebay. I have never been burned on a purchase.

Just be sure to check the feedback ratings. They are pretty reliable.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond repute
acf find a watch online and then ask us here if it's a reputable business or not.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
I found this one in about 2-minutes from a seller that appears quite reputable.

ROLEX SUBMARINER STAINLESS STEEL BLACK DIAL RARE Y SER | eBay

Note that he has recent transactions in the same price range for other watches and the buyers were all happy.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:48 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Of course, you could always go into the South Coast Tourneau and see their used selection.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Try posting in one or all of the following: 1) Teamspeed - Marketplace or The Watch Forum 2) Rolex Forums - Wanting To Buy Watch etc.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:21 PM
acf
Teamspeed Junior Member
I called Tourneau. They dont sell with papers or boxes. Barrister: Sounds good, your ebay theory on positive recent transactions makes sense.

I found this store, jaztime, located in irvine spectrum which is 5 minutes away from me. It's a 2004 (close enough), papers, boxes, receipt. What do you guys think about the price and store?

Rolex Submariner Black SS 16610 F

Old 04-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
$4800 seems a little near the high side for this particular watch. BUT, box and papers, and what appears to be LNIB it would be reasonable for a mint example. SoCal is an expert on these things.

Quick Reply: The most reputable store in the OC to buy used rolex?