Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

$9.95 Rolex goes for $66K on ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LENELSA will become famous soon enoughLENELSA will become famous soon enoughLENELSA will become famous soon enoughLENELSA will become famous soon enoughLENELSA will become famous soon enoughLENELSA will become famous soon enoughLENELSA will become famous soon enough
Old 12-09-2010, 08:41 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
needs a zulu strap

Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Worked out well for the old man but I would have figured that they would start the opening bid higher. It is a rolex after

Old 12-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
The Steve McQueen Explorer still holds my heart.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Old 12-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by .:Raul
Worked out well for the old man but I would have figured that they would start the opening bid higher. It is a rolex after
The seller, Bob (81), had no idea of the value of the watch when listing. He bought it 52 years ago for $70 and figured it wasn't worth much of anything in the condition it was.

Thanks for posting, I wrote that article (which is the original, referenced in the Yahoo! story). I've been very surprised to see it really take off the past few days. I even did a radio interview for a CBS station earlier today regarding the sale.

I picked up on the story last week through a link posted on a watch forum I frequent. Shortly after I was able to speak with Bob himself about the history and the surprise of it all, really a sweet guy. A few days after, he started sending me pictures of himself wearing the watch over the past 50 years, you can imagine my surprise to see Christopher Reeves in some of the shots.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
You wrote that!? Very impressive and congrats on its success. Rep for you

Old 12-10-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Bob comes off as a great guy.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
You wrote that!? Very impressive and congrats on its success. Rep for you
Many thanks, I'm glad so many people have had such a strong response to the story. Bob's a sweet guy for sure, I'm trying to contact him this weekend to see how the transaction went down.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ctzn
Thanks for posting, I wrote that article (which is the original, referenced in the Yahoo! story). I've been very surprised to see it really take off the past few days. I even did a radio interview for a CBS station earlier today regarding the sale.

I picked up on the story last week through a link posted on a watch forum I frequent. Shortly after I was able to speak with Bob himself about the history and the surprise of it all, really a sweet guy. A few days after, he started sending me pictures of himself wearing the watch over the past 50 years, you can imagine my surprise to see Christopher Reeves in some of the shots.
Cool to know that you wrote that story. Was a fun read! I'm also kind of interested in how he knew Christopher Reeve. Any more info on that? Watching him do the dishes isn't something you see everyday.

Quick Reply: $9.95 Rolex goes for $66K on ebay...