Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

I like to get everyone's recommendation for a $8k watch

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud of
I like to get everyone's recommendation for a $8k watch

Really considering a B&R BR 01 Pro Titanium or Panerai Radiomir Black Seal Ceramic 292.

I like to know what other watches I should consider. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the rough
Panerai, I'm definitely bias but B&Rs are turning up everywhere.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:55 AM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ and Panerai's aren't?

Old 05-29-2010, 05:29 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say go after an IWC Big Pilot. You may be able to get one for around $8k.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ljg335i
^^^ and Panerai's aren't?
lol! Was thinking the exact same thing.... I see 3 pam for ever 1 B&R and that might be conservative. I myself have a Pam and love it, but for 8k u have a ton of choices, especially if your open to the used market.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by C Money
lol! Was thinking the exact same thing.... I see 3 pam for ever 1 B&R and that might be conservative. I myself have a Pam and love it, but for 8k u have a ton of choices, especially if your open to the used market.
Considering there are 3 or 4 Panerai dealers in Canada and I know of 3 dealers for B&R in my city, and one is a department store....dont get me wrong I like the B&R watches they were on my list for awhile but I definitely agree for $8K there are a lot of other choices

Old 05-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-29-2010, 03:03 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
I've been doing a bunch of research too, as I've been planning on buying a big pilot or pam myself. Personally, I can't see myself buying a used watch. In regards to what SoCal stated, you may be able to pick up a Big Pilot for around 8k, but I'd be a bit hesitant on that just because they're typically the 5002 models. The 5002 is great looking, but the reason for such a quick update to the 5004 was because the 5002 models supposedly had quite a few problems, the most common one being the crown.

My only problem now is that I've added AP to my interest... Will make my decision within the next 2 weeks I figure.

GL with whichever you choose .

Old 05-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
KINGDOM will become famous soon enoughKINGDOM will become famous soon enoughKINGDOM will become famous soon enoughKINGDOM will become famous soon enoughKINGDOM will become famous soon enoughKINGDOM will become famous soon enoughKINGDOM will become famous soon enough
Rolex Milgauss with PVD coating

OFFICIAL ROLEX WEBSITE - HOMEPAGE

Old 05-30-2010, 02:33 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud ofTedVIP has much to be proud of
Thanks for all the recommendations. I went ahead and got a B&R Pro Titanium on consignment from B&R, I will see if it suits me before I decide to buy. I haven't considered buying a used watch as I fear there are a lot of scammers and fakes out there. I want to get a watch that is at least 45mm. The only Panerai I like is the Radiomir series, so that might be my next consideration if I don't like the B&R. The other watches I want I can't afford yet!

Quick Reply: I like to get everyone's recommendation for a $8k watch