Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Which should I choose?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
GMT II Ceramic, hands down. #2 is the Panerai.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bradb1us
GMT II Ceramic, hands down. #2 is the Panerai.
Agreed....

Old 05-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Panerai, then the regular PO. I am not a big fan of Rolex, unless it is the Deep Sea.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the rough
Panerai or Omega
Cant go wrong with either.

Originally Posted by Schwabe
Omegas which I am a fan off are very precise but cost an arm and a leg when it is time to have them refinished. I regularly spend $1,500 -2,000 to have my wife's and my watches serviced and they are gone for 1-2 months.
Cost of ownership sucks for all highend watches, My Omega chrono was a $750 touch for service and cleaning and my PAM 111H was $500. But that was around 5yrs of ownership since new...warranty from new is usually 2yrs but after a factory service they re-up the warranty for a year.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cowtown10
Panerai or Omega
Cant go wrong with either.

Cost of ownership sucks for all highend watches, My Omega chrono was a $750 touch for service and cleaning and my PAM 111H was $500. But that was around 5yrs of ownership since new...warranty from new is usually 2yrs but after a factory service they re-up the warranty for a year.
I'm with him. The good news is I typically am tired of the watches when ready for service so they just sit unserviced in my drawer un worn

I've got 3 to send in now and never figure out the time and one of them is one of my favorites.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these parts
Hey guys, I know the difference between the GMT II and the Sub is ceramic bezel, but are there any other differences?

The GMT II looks a little wider; is it?

Also, does the SS Sub still have the old clasp whereas the GMT II has the new one?

What about the Milgauss and the Explorer II?

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:02 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Originally Posted by Mr. R.
Hey guys, I know the difference between the GMT II and the Sub is ceramic bezel, but are there any other differences?

The GMT II looks a little wider; is it?

Also, does the SS Sub still have the old clasp whereas the GMT II has the new one?

What about the Milgauss and the Explorer II?

Thanks.
Are you asking if the Milgauss and Exp II have the new clasp or just a general question as in , "what are your thoughts on these wtahces?"

Old 05-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these partsMr. R. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DJ
Are you asking if the Milgauss and Exp II have the new clasp or just a general question as in , "what are your thoughts on these wtahces?"
My questions:
1. Out of the SS Submariner, the GMT II, the Milgauss, and the Explorer II, which watches have the new clasp?

2. Dimensionally, what are the differences between the SS Submariner and the GMT II? I know they are both 40mm, but does the GMT II have wider shoulders and/or look bigger on the wrist?

3. Can they all be had brand new for around 5k each?

4. Which one is the best (your opinion).

Thanks again.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
In person, the Milgauss doesn't look as good as it does in pictures (IMO). It's got a sort of cheesy 1950s vibe. I'm not a fan of the Rolex cyclops, so I'd go with a non-date Rolex. The Sea-Dweller (the new big'n'chunky one) is great, as is the non-cyclops Submariner.

Of the ones listed, the non-chrono Planet Ocean (I have the smaller size) and the Panerai speak to me the most, but really, you have to try them all on in person, and see which one speaks to you.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
I thought the gmtII Ceramic was 42mm? Am I wrong?

Quick Reply: Which should I choose?