Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Vintage watch question

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
KhanNSX is on a distinguished roadKhanNSX is on a distinguished roadKhanNSX is on a distinguished roadKhanNSX is on a distinguished roadKhanNSX is on a distinguished roadKhanNSX is on a distinguished road
Vintage watch question

My uncle has a pretty nice collection of very nice vintage watches from the early 1900's. I don't remember all the brands, but they were all high end. I was just reminded of a 1919(or somewhere in there) Rolex and a Longines of the same era(as well as many others I can't remember the name of). Do you guys have any idea of the value of watches like these? He has a collection of about 50 that he has owned for the last 40-50 years and they are all in very good condition.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
I think your best bet if you want an accurate assessment of the value of every individual piece is to photograph each one along with any papers/literature that you may have and to post a thread on the timezone forum asking for help/advice. You may get a few vultures who will try to low-ball you, etc. But, for the most part, the people there will help you get into the right ballpark.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Member
KhanNSX is on a distinguished roadKhanNSX is on a distinguished roadKhanNSX is on a distinguished roadKhanNSX is on a distinguished roadKhanNSX is on a distinguished roadKhanNSX is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
I think your best bet if you want an accurate assessment of the value of every individual piece is to photograph each one along with any papers/literature that you may have and to post a thread on the timezone forum asking for help/advice. You may get a few vultures who will try to low-ball you, etc. But, for the most part, the people there will help you get into the right ballpark.
Thanks for the direction, however my uncle is in India and I'm just asking out of curiosity, I highly doubt he'll ever sell any of his collection. Basically there is a need for some $, and I asked my bro's here why doesn't he just sell a watch or two.. So was just curious to know what watches like that may be worth(because I don't have the foggiest idea..).