Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Anyone experienced with Omega customer service?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone experienced with Omega customer service?

I bought a brand new Omega Planet Ocean a little over three years ago, and it's started acting a little funky for the past couple of days. I wear it every other day, and it has always kept its charge for the unworn day. Recently, though, it's been discharged, and a couple of shakes was enough to get it going, then a day's normal wear charged it up. This morning, that didn't work, and a manual wind was required, which still only sort of worked. It seems as though the mechanism is getting 'sticky'.

Anyway, long story short, the watch is out of warranty by about 4 months. Is it likely that Omega may honor the warranty, seeing as it's so close, or am I on my own. As a follow-up, if I'm on my own, does anyone have recommendations for a good service facility for Omegas (the co-axial movement specifically)?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Can't hurt to ask. I had them service my Seamaster at about the 7-year mark. Did it through my local Omega dealer. Took about 6-7 weeks and about $250. Got a nice little report with some shorthand in German...

Go to an authorized dealer and see if they can pull some strings. I didn't realize the PO has been out for three years... Wow - I got mine in 2007, so I guess that's so. Time flies...

Old 04-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dogtorlam is a glorious beacon of lightdogtorlam is a glorious beacon of lightdogtorlam is a glorious beacon of lightdogtorlam is a glorious beacon of lightdogtorlam is a glorious beacon of lightdogtorlam is a glorious beacon of lightdogtorlam is a glorious beacon of lightdogtorlam is a glorious beacon of lightdogtorlam is a glorious beacon of lightdogtorlam is a glorious beacon of lightdogtorlam is a glorious beacon of light
Walter Gooden used to be my go to place in West LA. There is also a NJ facility. I have heard bad things about both now that Walter Gooden is owned by Omega.

I would prefer to send my Omegas back to Bienne as everyone I know has had a perfect experience.