Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

The Panerai Question - MTK influence

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:01 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone know how to get ahold of those watch stands used in the first few pics? Looks awesome.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:42 AM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
Originally Posted by Champ
I like to say first of all that I'm not planning on buying it tomorrow, but it's definitely a possibility in the future. Because of MTK, Panerai's are starting to grow on me. I'm doing my research before I decide.

I been scrolling through their official site and this is the one that catches my eye above all else.

I've seen prices from $4K- almost $6K online. I don't like being ripped off (price-wise as well as having it be a fake). What is the going rate for this watch and who has the best prices? Also where should I buy from that I can trust?

Thanks in advance.
first off, get a 44 (the 40 mm's are for women)
second, if you can get a PAM for 4k get it! prices continue to go up!
5 and 6k is a little more realistic, never buy used.

good luck brosef!

Old 02-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MTK
first off, get a 44 (the 40 mm's are for women)
second, if you can get a PAM for 4k get it! prices continue to go up!
5 and 6k is a little more realistic, never buy used.

good luck brosef!

Did you buy that PVD model new?

Old 02-10-2008, 12:19 PM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
Originally Posted by Jim Bacus
Did you buy that PVD model new?
i always forget i have that one for some reason.

so apparently that watch doesn't count, :rofl:

Champ is thinking for daily use!

Old 02-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Banned Forever
Champ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Joeskie
Buy the seller......

Look at this. [url]It's only a little bit of money percentage wise. You wouldn't buy a used DVD player or a used car to save 10% would ya?
Hey Joeskie, definitely not buying used.

I do buy only used cars but that's because the cars I want depreciate 60%+ after only 2 years - being a finance guy that kid of depreciation hit just doesn't make sense. Though for 10% I definitely buy new.

For watches I almost always will go new. I just been online looking at some stores that look legit but the price varies so much I can't tell if it's because of competition or if it's a fake. I think it may be a good idea for me to call Gil and see what's up.

Couple examples that are confusing me, I mean, even their listed MSRP varies :
http://www.finestwatches.com/panerai-10149.html

http://www.theluxurybazaar.com/timep...PAM_00241.html

http://theluxurybazaar.com/timepiece...PAM_00090.html

Old 02-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Joeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't mean it as if you were going to buy a used peice. More as in the fact that a steady seller is worth is extra dough (10%) over a shady or not so well-known seller.

I would prefer buying my Porsche directly from my dealership then from a small grey market dealership for 10% less. Now if the difference was of 20-25%... let's start talking.

The value of peice of mind is worth a lot. Don't forget that if you happen to have an issue with the peice (even if it's real and in brand new condition) you will have to talk to that seller again... and those with no reputation won't care about what you have to say about 'em.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have a local AD (Authorized Dealer) you can go check some of them out? It's always nice to try a watch on, and have a place you can take to service it if necessary.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Banned Forever
Champ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jim Bacus
Do you have a local AD (Authorized Dealer) you can go check some of them out? It's always nice to try a watch on, and have a place you can take to service it if necessary.
My local dealers overcharge significantly. I may have been looking at a different watch than what I saw but they were asking if I remember correctly $10K for it.

Also, I noticed a lot of the local dealers have the whole Panerai shelf but only 2 or 3 watches there - rest empty.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Champ
My local dealers overcharge significantly. I may have been looking at a different watch than what I saw but they were asking if I remember correctly $10K for it.

Also, I noticed a lot of the local dealers have the whole Panerai shelf but only 2 or 3 watches there - rest empty.
I didn't think an AD was supposed to charge over list...

Even my AD may usually only have 7 or 8 on display, (not counting the Ferrari ones, they have lots of those) but when they get a shipment in they go fast. I have a relationship with a salesman at my AD who calls me when they get a shipment in from Panerai, and lets me get a jump on buying a piece if I am interested in it before it gets displayed. I am sure I am not unique, good customers usually tell their salesman what they are looking for or get on a list so when it comes in they have a chance of getting it.

Here's a 2007 price list, but I heard that the prices are going up for 2008...
http://www.paneristi.com/reference/p...rices2007.html

Last edited by Jim Bacus; 02-10-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Thank you, by the way does any one know wich Panerai model Silverster stallone was wearing in the Rambo 4 movie ?
Sly was wearing a limited edition Panny, I think from 1994? Verone24 started a thread about that watch on 6speed so perhaps that'll make you any wiser.

Quick Reply: The Panerai Question - MTK influence