Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 AM
SHH
Teamspeed Senior Member
SHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by boursachi
thanks a lot mate thing is, i cannot trust the local mail (as fedex/dhl will be expensive + why would/should i? i am not the businessperson here) initially when he mentioned the exchange i did mention a fedex return-envelope and he said it was too expensive, HENCE my offer for a cheaper strap which i will be compromising for to let him save the difference on the shipping AND the difference on the strap's price .. i really was trying to be a good guy because obviously as i mentioned in my little review the strap is NOT BAD at all, it just is NOT as i expect from a top-quality seller as the reviews have said and i take comfort in that he has admitted that the strap was not in "selling" condition or else why would he offer to exchange .. that said, what else would i do with the tang buckle that i bought as well?

do i want a refund? NO i would rather keep it and be unhappy if he is going to be a child

is it worth it to me that i keep this strap even though imperfect by the seller's admission? no, but the linear width is good for what i want and now i can use the strap as a rubber-band basically without much 'care' as with the OEM hornback (not worrying about discolouration since .. well already it isn't perfect)
other alternative would be to buy the OEM Diver strap .. and that is silly coz i have the oem 'normal' rubber

the way he said "just send it and i will refund" or whatever as if i was begging was VERY disappointing, i will not say insulting because he obviously doesn't know me so i will let that slide.
the tone and attitude is just clearly not that of a PASSIONATE watch guy

so i wish him well

my attitude is in no small part related to the fact that i have had another back-and-forth with one of our members here regarding a bezel insert for the rollie gmtii

sorry carl but member SHH is that guy and you would not believe what he is doing - EVEN WHEN ON VACATION - for a fraction of the cost

so yeah, huge difference
Ali, hat off to you as well. You've been extremely patient with that insert and I'm so happy it finally arrived

Looking forward to seeing it mounted on your 16710!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RugRunner
I hope you didn't mis-take my post. Any way you slice it, the AP BB is a stunner -- it's just a little heartbreaking when you order something (for anything) and it comes up a little short. Also, the salesperson was definitely unprofessional...
not at all i am sorry if it came off wrong but it was written in the early AM my time and totally meant it in a friendly conversational manner

Originally Posted by SHH
Ali, hat off to you as well. You've been extremely patient with that insert and I'm so happy it finally arrived
Looking forward to seeing it mounted on your 16710!
thank YOU, this has been greatly educational AND your generosity with your time and patience will make the story of the watch be even sweeter!

Old 08-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
boursachi.. relax buddy. and like I've said before.. this ain't Panerai stick with OEM when it comes to AP.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BDSK
this ain't Panerai stick with OEM when it comes to AP.
Quoted for truth.

I think it's hilarious that the APBands guy sounds like he's doing you a favor. That's ridiculous. Kudos for being patient diplomatic through the whole ordeal.

On your TRF thread, since you can't badmouth them I will for you

Old 08-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi

on this visit i did not see the 15400, however when i went before that i did and even tried it on. i know EXACTLY what you mean when you say "proportions" .. this is exactly how i felt about the newer 44 ROOs (if you remember i asked about the screws' distance from each other) so perhaps your knowledge of the RO is like that of mine with the ROO and we felt the same about the different watches but on the same grounds.

Fellow Ap brother, how can you say that? your GPC is 44mm with even wider lugs you know

I will say I do like the 42mm ROOs very much, my first was the jarno trulli, but something about paying a heavy premium for a watch dedicated to a washed up driver felt weird

Old 08-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BDSK
boursachi.. relax buddy. and like I've said before.. this ain't Panerai stick with OEM when it comes to AP.
lesson learned my friend

Originally Posted by Eddie
Fellow Ap brother, how can you say that? your GPC is 44mm with even wider lugs you know
I will say I do like the 42mm ROOs very much, my first was the jarno trulli, but something about paying a heavy premium for a watch dedicated to a washed up driver felt weird
haha i swear i stopped and thought "wait doesn't that make me a hypocrite" as i was typing it but i was referring to the bezel's "look" with the screws and the diameter/distance .. i guess i am talking about some optical illusion

Old 08-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Nan
One of the nicest IWC's ever!
I would have to agree

Today, a Roger Dubuis is the flavor....

Name:  4677f2c8.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  88.5 KB

Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond repute
Let me know when a "what's around your waist" thread opens up!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Nice RD Hani

Old 08-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Axman
Nice RD Hani
Thank you bro... here is a better pic

Name:  af3900f5.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  76.1 KB

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?