Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
Glashutte Originale Senator Navigator on a leather NATO.
Raiff, nice move on the trade, definitely seems you made out on the better side.

Originally Posted by boursachi
apbands' strap finally arrived! disappointed with quality of finish on the colour, but whatever nothing can be done now as i'm half way across the world

EDIT PS: when i say disappointing i am not talking about the yellow-tone, i understand obviously that the materials are different. i am talking about the "smudges" in the initial two pictures
I don't know, the tones should be the same, that's no excuse.

How's the fit? All the AP guys I have talked to have slammed the shit out of apbands, saying the quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:15 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think more straps will help me when the lugs are that narrow. 20mm and 22mm are very different as far as fit goes.
I agree 20mm is on the small side, especially for a decent size watch, but even the DSSD is only 21mm at the lugs Don't know if that would be the main reason to kick it out of bed. That being said, it seems like you did the trade to continue moving pieces, so it was the right move either way.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Nan
Teamspeed Member
Nan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enough
SoCal & GreyTT; thanks for the info...
The P6930 is a real unique piece; I'll post pics soon

Old 07-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Eddie
Raiff, nice move on the trade, definitely seems you made out on the better side.
I agree that I came out on the winning side; he offered and I couldn't say no.

Originally Posted by ljg
I agree 20mm is on the small side, especially for a decent size watch, but even the DSSD is only 21mm at the lugs Don't know if that would be the main reason to kick it out of bed. That being said, it seems like you did the trade to continue moving pieces, so it was the right move either way.
Yeah, but the 21mm lug width on the Deep Sea was on a bracelet; I have never worn anything that was 20mm at the lugs and liked it...

You are right. I got the PO XL I have been after for some time out of the deal, and will dump the PO rubber strap/tang and probably put the Glashutte up for sale or see what someone would trade for it.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BDSK
Told you. Always got OEM with Audemars. It's not Panerai.
haha so true! the Singapore F1 strap (which i still have) i got for the panda and that is UNBELIEVABLE quality.. only now do i have FULL appreciation for their leather straps! yes, the hornbacks are DEFINITELY NOT the most comfortable off the shelf, yet they are JUST FINE once you wear them off and get smoother. the yellow stitch on the oem is second to none! but i honestly believe it is ridiculous that they do not get the shade/tone right
on the GPC, the shade of the 2 lines, and the richness of the red sides and the stitch .. just wow, seriously this purchase has helped me appreciate AP a lot more - and i'm their biggest fanboy already lol

Originally Posted by Eddie
I don't know, the tones should be the same, that's no excuse.
How's the fit? All the AP guys I have talked to have slammed the shit out of apbands, saying the quality leaves a lot to be desired.
first, the fit is good. it is still hard and not bent and i think it will take time. once on, it is very comfortable and the tang is nice. the wide strap was the right decision, i really like it. as was the two lines which are pronounced. it CAN be a better strap, but i did not expect ALL THAT of a strap in the first place, my disappointment is with the colour difference and with the smudges. are they kidding me?

as for the finish, you are absolutely correct, there is no excuse whatsoever
i am going to send an email to them now, and i will be as polite as ever because i really do NOT want anything and will make no requests/demands at all. i have purchased at my will and i take responsibility for my decision. HOWEVER the way it was pictured on their website definitely made it seem a LOT MORE "yellow".

in fact call me crazy but to me i would find it humouring and will take it lightly that they sent the WRONG colour .. namely this orange one:

you decide on the pictures below

Attached Images   
Old 07-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
^Perfect!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
thanks a lot mate! i really prefer this look aesthetically, and the feel or attitude of the watch overall is just more fitting especially with my dress-code.. i gave it to my friend who sat across me on dinner and i really appreciated everything EXCEPT the tone/shade of the side-lining which i think i have the right to question.. just emailed them and will wait to see what they have to say.. i'll keep you guys posted

moving on, here is a pic which shows the wider strap and the corsa lines, and then a couple snaps of the new 41mm ROCs. i love how they hold their own with the ROO's sheer size

the gold is superb, the weight is perfect! BDSK must be feeling prettttty great when he wears his H&M personally MUCH preferred the white dial over the black. no idea about their prices, and i want to say the 41mm white roc is my favourite now but the 39mm roc panda here is pretty great: http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachm...05988185_o.jpg

one thing is for sure, imho the 2 SS chronos with black/white dials are both a lot cleaner than the limited edition Leo Messi steel version
and i must be growing older but .. i will go back at some point to try the H&M 41mm RO and see if that is even cleaner than the chrono

hmm 15400 vs SS Rolex Daytona ...

Attached Images    
Old 07-31-2012, 05:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
you decide on the pictures below
Mubrook... looks great

I have this on today...

Name:  5a3d7dbc.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  151.5 KB

Last edited by GrayTT; 07-31-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
When did you get it back?

Old 07-31-2012, 07:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
When did you get it back?
Some time back... maybe 2 month or so

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?