Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012 | 01:52 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Safari is the only AP ROO variant I could ever see myself wearing. So understated and classy. Love the brown strap and cream dial. Wish it wasn't so expensive
You mean TOO expensive correct?

I agree with you.
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
This watch is not as intimidating as the Daytona.

Could wear it for months without grabbing attention from non watch enthusiasts
Daytona intimidates whom? You've lost me Mo.

Old 04-01-2012 | 01:56 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The Daytona intimidates non watch enthusiasts because the majority know Rolex rather than AP,JLC,IWC,Breguet, Patek etc.

So if I was wearing the Daytona, I get some comments that its an expensive watch and I would'nt buy a $12,000 watch etc from non watch enthusiasts etc. Plus the Rolex Daytona is very iconic, you know that many People would know what a Daytona is as apposed to a Nautilus.

Plus If I was wearing it in Europe It would be easily robbed as apposed to wearing a the AP ROO because its not as obvious as a luxury watch.

When I travel to Europe in June, I will not wear a Daytona because chances I will be robbed are pretty high.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 04-01-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 04-01-2012 | 02:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Safari is the classiest and my favorite ROO

and I agree with boursachi, the Brown Hornback completes the watch. Its a completely different watch on the rubber strap

Old 04-01-2012 | 03:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD

and I agree with boursachi, the Brown Hornback completes the watch. Its a completely different watch on the rubber strap
Am I the only one who thinks it would look better with a non-hornback strap? Regardless, love the Safari, certainly one of the cleanest and classiest ROOs. One day.

Old 04-01-2012 | 05:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
lol mo relax for god sake, you will not get robbed in europe.

Old 04-01-2012 | 05:49 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I still think that the AP Diver is the best looking of the line...

Old 04-01-2012 | 05:56 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
I still think that the AP Diver is the best looking of the line...
Out of the current Royal Oak Offshore line yes.

I'm not too fond of the Panda, Safari, Trulli etc.

I like what I've got, the diver is amazing.

Have you seen the richard mille diver that is amazing as well. Best AP RO/ROO is the Royal Oak Skeleton Perpetual Calendar.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 04-01-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-01-2012 | 06:19 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD

You mean Classiest SS model,

Check this out, Pride of Argentina Royal Oak Offshore

Attached Images    
Old 04-01-2012 | 06:23 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by meanmachine
the daytona intimidates non watch enthusiasts because the majority know rolex rather than ap,jlc,iwc,breguet, patek etc.

So if i was wearing the daytona, i get some comments that its an expensive watch and i would'nt buy a $12,000 watch etc from non watch enthusiasts etc. Plus the rolex daytona is very iconic, you know that many people would know what a daytona is as apposed to a nautilus.

Plus if i was wearing it in europe it would be easily robbed as apposed to wearing a the ap roo because its not as obvious as a luxury watch.

when i travel to europe in june, i will not wear a daytona because chances i will be robbed are pretty high.
lol wuuuuuuuuuuuuut!?!

Old 04-01-2012 | 06:37 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by strebo
lol wuuuuuuuuuuuuut!?!
I know two Saudi's who have got their Cartier and Chopards stolen in Nice/France. A Rolex is much more noticeable, thats why I am not taking it with me on a trip.

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?