Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012 | 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SoCal
I think that retail on the older one was $15K or so. I wouldn't spend a dime over $10K on it, and not for a couple of years from now. By that time, I will hate it.
Battery powered, if I remember correctly?

I remember seeing a way cool video of all the belts moving around. Looked massive. Way awesome though.

Old 03-12-2012 | 11:15 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ctzn
You've got the right idea. I'll keep an eye out for you and let you know if I can swing anything. It's a fun watch for occasional wear.

New 5726 on my wrist...

Thanks man. Is that your Patek, or are you just borrowing it? It's gorgeous.

Old 03-13-2012 | 08:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by vltsai
Battery powered, if I remember correctly?

I remember seeing a way cool video of all the belts moving around. Looked massive. Way awesome though.
Correct on all counts. Check out my review and vid here.

Originally Posted by SoCal
Thanks man. Is that your Patek, or are you just borrowing it? It's gorgeous.
Sadly, this is Patek's Patek. Rightly beautiful though, the new white dials really sing on the wrist.

Old 03-13-2012 | 08:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
ctzn, any word on whether the white 5726 will be offered with a strap?

Old 03-13-2012 | 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by boursachi
ctzn, any word on whether the white 5726 will be offered with a strap?
Indeed it will

Old 03-13-2012 | 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
New white dial pateks are not as nice as the grey/black dial versions.

Just my opinion.

White dials are more for markets outside of the good 'ole US of A.

These are not silvered/white as I understand it - they are Flat white. To me, a Patek (even if its in SS) is not a true sports watch. I feel these new white dials left some class at the door.

Doesn't mean anything. They will all sell out and will go for 10% over list within days.

Patek did win this year with the new offerings - AP as well with all the great Royal Oaks. I too love the Rolex Sky Dweller - it really is a novel annual calendar and a great Rolex complication.

Old 03-13-2012 | 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Some serious machinery on this page.

My Mile Miglia in the LP640 on it's way to get serviced and then on the way back with the Superleggera.

Old 03-13-2012 | 03:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Better picture of the brown strap

Old 03-13-2012 | 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by asg612
New white dial pateks are not as nice as the grey/black dial versions.

Just my opinion.

White dials are more for markets outside of the good 'ole US of A.

These are not silvered/white as I understand it - they are Flat white. To me, a Patek (even if its in SS) is not a true sports watch. I feel these new white dials left some class at the door.

Doesn't mean anything. They will all sell out and will go for 10% over list within days.

Patek did win this year with the new offerings - AP as well with all the great Royal Oaks. I too love the Rolex Sky Dweller - it really is a novel annual calendar and a great Rolex complication.
You know, I thought the same thing about the white dials upon first seeing them last week, but once in my hands and on the wrist I have to say they are fantastic (to my eye). I do consider the Nautilus a gentleman's sports watch with a history to back it up, so it all fits for me. You're certainly right on about them selling for more than list, I predict that this will be a tough one to get your hands on for a reasonable price.

Right on about the new Royal Oak 40th as well, what a stunner that harkens back to the original (before all this Offshore stuff). They will have a great year.

Old 03-13-2012 | 05:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
^^RFFG that looks great!

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?