Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 04:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
For Mo:
have not seen this black dial before, is that platinum?
given that he would only consider the platinum, here are the ones i know of

the other one is also roman numerals but set in diamonds
i saw the catalogue of dials at the boutique a while ago, but can't remember the dials. i think you CANNOT order a gold dial on a platinum watch or vice versa. was quoted something like $62k didn't dignify that with asking for a real price after "discount"
looks really gold in person, although the bezel is a bit too bland on the 41mm and sometimes looks awkward
much bigger fan of the 36mm, now that is a true classic and a true ICONIC WATCH

For me:

if the royal oak steel can be converted to be on strap, hmmmmm
edit: just emailed apbands to ask

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
More details please, I like this as well.
rolex day-date ii (41mm) comes only in gold (yg, wg, everose) and platinum. only dials i only that come on the platinum are iceblue, but go to the boutique and request the catalogue of dials that can be ordered.
but make sure you talk to your contact beforehand and see what prices they can let them go for (or order them at) because you will be quoted no less than 17k kd iirc

Last edited by boursachi; 06-20-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
have not seen this black dial before, is that platinum?
given that he would only consider the platinum, here are the ones i know of

the other one is also roman numerals but set in diamonds
i saw the catalogue of dials at the boutique a while ago, but can't remember the dials. i think you CANNOT order a gold dial on a platinum watch or vice versa. was quoted something like $62k didn't dignify that with asking for a real price after "discount"
looks really gold in person, although the bezel is a bit too bland on the 41mm and sometimes looks awkward
much bigger fan of the 36mm, now that is a true classic and a true ICONIC WATCH

rolex day-date ii (41mm) comes only in gold (yg, wg, everose) and platinum. only dials i only that come on the platinum are iceblue, but go to the boutique and request the catalogue of dials that can be ordered.
but make sure you talk to your contact beforehand and see what prices they can let them go for (or order them at) because you will be quoted no less than 17k kd iirc
Mo you can wear white gold right? Also Dual Time can be had on a strap, there's a black one for sale in italy for cheap that would look killer on a rubber strap. I get my white dial tomorrow hopefully.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Mo, it's the 41mm Daydate II with the "black-out" dial.
Check out: 218239 in WG (25k) & 218206 in PT (50k)

Last edited by PorscheFanatic; 06-20-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro

Jay-Z wears it here Mo, nice hefty size Exclusive - Jay-Z Extended Interview - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 11/17/10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Rolex pro's correct me if I'm wrong but the PT version is only available with the flat bezel and the WG only with the fluted?

Last edited by PorscheFanatic; 06-20-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:55 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, I went to Rolex today and honestly none of the watches I saw online really caught my attention.

So now I am officially saving up for a AP Royal Oak Skeleton, aiming to have one by next summer as a birthday gift.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 06-20-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
^ do you like the daytonas?

Old 06-20-2011, 02:20 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AudiRS
^ do you like the daytonas?
Yes, I do but I tried it on and its not for me. It was previously back 4-5 years ago my favourite watch specifically the one in WG with the white dial and red but I don't wear gold.

I like the AP Skeleton and I am in the planning to get one.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Rolex pro's correct me if I'm wrong but the PT version is only available with the flat bezel and the WG only with the fluted?
yes, that is what i have come to understand
the fluted bezel from what i know is basically a sign that it is a gold "part" (on Datejusts for example)
the fluted is aesthetically a much better pleasing sight imho, the flat as i said was a bit awkward at certain angles

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Okay, I went to Rolex today and honestly none of the watches I saw online really caught my attention.
So now I am officially saving up for a AP Royal Oak Skeleton, aiming to have one by next summer as a birthday gift.
good, that is a blessing because the day-date prices are ridiculous imho and you would have to be REALLY in love with it to buy it

i still think you should look into a Rolex
and as such, iirc we spoke about the GMTII C more than once
it's a very sporty watch, but also consider the newer submariner in steel with the black face for a more updated-iconic look (just to be safe) OR for a more gentleman-sort watch check out the SS newer datejust ii (41mm) it comes with a silver dial and light blue arabic numerals.. such a fine watch

with all that said, and from my experience with my rolex mini collection and all the models i got to sample and wear; my favourite is and will always be the original Yacht-Master (40mm)

it is by far the most underrated watch that i can think of

Old 06-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
technics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura about
good call on the original Yacht-Master!

Old 06-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by boursachi
they answered, and sure enough they do in fact offer a conversion kit
AP Bands Conversion Kit For Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Watches: AP Bands - Straps For Audemars Piguet Watches

i would have much preferred that they did not offer them actually because these are the watches i lust after from the RO lines

chrono (red accents of course)

dual time reserve

i think the Day Date is pretty nice too, but as nice as the above

Originally Posted by technics
good call on the original Yacht-Master!
thanks, i thought about selling mine seriously once and when i got a (v good) offer i chickened out and grabbed onto it.
the platinum bezel really adds to the weight of the watch and it sits well on the wrist

Quick Reply: Your next watch