Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Who has been to Czech Republic?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:25 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Who has been to Czech Republic?

Looking to do this trip at some point...

Who has ever been?

Where to stay?

How long of a trip is recommended to see and 'do' all?

THX!!!!

Old 05-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I have not been there.

Glad I could help.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I went to Prague for NYE 2008 and had an absolute blast. We stayed at the Mandorin Oriental, only b/c we got the room seriously discounted through a friend. That place is regularly out of my price range, but it was phenominal and perfectly located.

Something like 3000 breweries in the city and czech girls are smokin'. I'd try in the summer, I've heard that the beer gardens are a lot of fun and quite beautiful. B/c we were there in the dead of winter we spent most of our time in beer halls.

Some of the russian-esque clubs were a little much, but still entertaining. I went right after graduating from college so its safe to say that we were drunk for that entire week. Its a very easy town to drink all day in.

Watch out for pick pockets as one of my friends got hit twice, but I didn't so its all about how you protect your stuff (avoid the gypsies and most tourist areas).

Last edited by "The JC"; 05-16-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:59 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Prague rocks. One of my friends lives half here, half in Prague. Owns a hotel over there. Go.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
I hear Prague is the new Vegas of Europe

Old 05-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ced
I hear Prague is the new Vegas of Europe
I hear Ced's not allowed there.... something about "too beaucoup".

TOO beaucoup - YouTube

Old 05-17-2012, 05:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
I've been living in Prague since September 2009 (in and out). Actually this is likely my last year there.

Stay at the Pachtuv Palace (I prefer to 4 Seasons, though that one is obviously very nice).

For straight up touristy walk about you need 2 full days. This is not including any museums, opera, etc cultural stuff that you might want to do. Prague goes till 5am in most bars so if you want to enjoy the beer gardens and the nightlife I would definitely budget a bit more time (say at least 4 days).

There is a mix of "nice" vs "touristy" stuff to do. There are now 2 michelin star restaurants in town and frankly spending a day in one of the parks surrounded by old buildings with a bottle of italian wine and cheese and a spliff is a wonderful afternoon in itself.

I had some buddies visit me in December of last year and never saw sunlight (out till 5-6, awake after 4 haha).

There is a direct Delta flight from JFK.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:20 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I've been in Prague twice. First time a couple of years ago and last time last year. Although we stayed just for a couple of days each time but we got to get drunk and see a lot or places night/day. I'd def recommend a visit in Prague but I would fly from the US and A just for Prague, but def as a stop on a longer euro-trip.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ogaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond repute
I have been in Prague in November. It's a very touristic city but there are some good places you can go an avoid tourist.

Karlovy Lázne is pretty good, but everyone goes there including tourists. It is said to be the greatest disco in Central Europe.

The Cross Club is the one I liked more, there aren't tourists, you got zones to chill out with a beer and a pretty cool disco area.

There was another underground (literally) bar which I didn't enjoyed very much because I was quite tired that day. I don't remember the name. It had a more hippie style, it was like an ant nest a bit overwhelming.

The retro music club is quite good more spacious and there are always crazy Czech girls dancing...

The beer is so cheap everywhere. Most of the girls look like models. If I were you I would go on summer. That must be a festival.

Hope you have fun!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:47 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
this is just a dream of mine right now...

we should do a TS meet in czech

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has been to Czech Republic?