Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Any Hawaii expects?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
Kram,

Since you are a local, where can you get a nice authentic plate of loco moco?
Practically every drive in or coffee shop will have it. My favorite local chain is Zippy's. I usually get a mini (1 patty) with fried rice.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
I always thought an extensive Heli ride would be obligatory when visiting Hawaii...I guess I would not leave without having done that

Old 03-01-2012, 08:32 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
I would have recommended that as we did a tour of Maui and Molokai last Aug. But 3 months later our pilot and 4 passengers went down on that same route. It was an amazing experience and I'm glad we did it, but I'll never get in one again.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Teamspeed Cigarette Racer
Location: Blue Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Monterey and beyond
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
some great advise you already have here.
I use to work there and sometimes would take my kids a couple times a year. What they really enjoyed was mainly the Hilton resorts or Grand Wailia (Maui), the water slides kept them very busy.

On the big island: The Hilton Waikola village really knows how to entertain children and has many kids programs around their lagoon including swimming with the dolphins(way cool), but make reservation 30-45 days before you make your trip and also schedule events for them while you are there, very resonable.

On Oahu:
Hilton Hawaiian villiage has many kids programs, fireworks every friday night and really nice beach if it is off season. Walking to the Waikiki district.
Then a fun family day event is the Polynisian Cultural Experience on the north end and you can finish up the day with an awesome sunset.
Don't forget about the USS AZ Memorial, VERY MOVING.
enjoy and Aloha

Old 03-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Teamspeed Cigarette Racer
Location: Blue Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Monterey and beyond
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
...also,IMHO, don't just limit you and your family to just one island (even though there is plenty to do on each), an inter-Island transfer is a quick hop and allows you and you family to enjoy the spirit other islands have to offer. Hawaii has magical powers, just go look for it. Just report back to us after you experience the culture.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Go to Kauai...that coupled with the Big Island is probably the least touristy compared to the other two. I'd take the kids on the 4x4 buggy excursions or even ocean/river kayaking. I did that with my niece and nephew and we all had a great time.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Garrison will become famous soon enoughGarrison will become famous soon enoughGarrison will become famous soon enoughGarrison will become famous soon enoughGarrison will become famous soon enoughGarrison will become famous soon enoughGarrison will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by atomic80
Go to Kauai...that coupled with the Big Island is probably the least touristy compared to the other two. I'd take the kids on the 4x4 buggy excursions or even ocean/river kayaking. I did that with my niece and nephew and we all had a great time.
I went w to Oahu for a few days last month, it was VERY touristy every thing was built up, I wish I couldve island hopped and seen more of the islands & done more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Teamspeed

Old 03-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Big Island FTW.