Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Going to Barcelona in september

Old 08-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Going to Barcelona in september

Me and my wife plan to go to Barcelona for a weekend, like from wednesday - Sunday. We have been in Barcelona passing by a couple of times, but never stayed over the night.

We will do the booking online and are looking for some nice cozy hotel, do not have to bee to big. Have been all over Spain and on Mallorca so many times I lost the count but never ever spend any time of value in Barcelona.

Taking the scheduled flight down there, not going by road!

So would appreciate recommendations for staying, and things to do and see

Old 08-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
have fun! you should check if there are any football matches going on when you're there

and please please PLEASE wear real madrid jerseys!!!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
^ ^ Ronaldo, Pepe, Kaka, Raul?

Old 08-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Mourinho 1
i have an inter shirt like that

sorry for the thread hijack
all i can tell you is all my friends who went to barcelona LOVED it and they only said to look out for the cons who would come up to you as cops and ask for IDs

^ happened to two of my friends, so i am guessing they target certain "looks" if you know what i mean

Old 08-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I understand, will be careful about that!

Old 08-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
No adice on barcelona, as I we stayed mostly in the south of Spain when we went, but do enjoy it. +1 on Real Madrid )

Old 08-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Both Strebo and Sideways were in Barcelona this summer so you can ask them in the Sweden thread

Old 08-23-2011, 05:47 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I've been to it many times, my favourite hotels are the W Hotel or Hotel Arts.

Places to visit:

La Ramblas

Double Decker tour bus (pretty much covers all of the tourist spots)

Zoo

FC Barcelona

Old 08-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe Naz can jump in here and give you a few pointers...
I was there with the family in July and had a blast!!! Stayed at the Arts (part of the Ritz group)

which is close to the beach and all the beach side restaurants... the zoo (which Yoyo loved) was a 3-5 min walk, you can see it to the left in the photo above (taken from our room)

But to get to the main touristy area you will have to take a taxi (Euro 5-8)... loved the fruit and vegetable market which is just off La Ramblas

and as you get closer to the water there is a great square full of different restaurants

enjoy the hotel pool

and the relatively not too beaches

oh yeah.... dont forget to visit the champions maybe catch a game

Old 08-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tried to get a hold of a friend who was there earlier this year, but couldn't - will see him tomorrow though + my other friend is already there, doesn't pick up sorry i think he left his mob home.

anyway, this is something you should look into for the Mrs and yourself if it's an all-sorts of things trip: la roca village

Chic Outlet Shopping® - La Roca Village

i went to bicester village in london (same company), and even though it was Easter and we did not have time, shopping there was fun and cheap

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Going to Barcelona in september