Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Milan/Venice and possibly Rome.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:03 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
So would Stresa be good for a day trip from Milan? Or should I plan on staying there a couple days? There would be no problem extending my trip....

Last edited by Redlinerobert; 03-08-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jase will become famous soon enoughjase will become famous soon enoughjase will become famous soon enoughjase will become famous soon enoughjase will become famous soon enoughjase will become famous soon enoughjase will become famous soon enoughjase will become famous soon enoughjase will become famous soon enoughjase will become famous soon enough
You dont need any more than 2 days in Venice at the most, we were there in August 08 for 3 days which was 1 to many for sure. Milan is great, good food and shopping - best to HIDE the credit card! One thing you MUST do is spend a day or so at the Grand Hotel Dino on the banks of lake Magiorre - absolutly gorgeous!! We spent 1 night there it was truly beautiful.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
So would Stresa be good for a day trip from Milan? Or should I plan on staying there a couple days? There would be no problem extending my trip....
You could do it as a day trip. That's actually how I did it. I will say that I had a friend who was living in Milan driving though. He was familiar with the area and it made it relatively painless for me. If you've got an extra day you could tack on to the end of the Milan leg I think it would be a great place to stay for a night.

Jason, L'Amore is in Milan! Enjoy if you make it there!

Old 03-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Rob/Jason here is the info on L'Amour (I had mispelled previously)

Via Solferino, 25 - Milano
website: Ristorante L'Amour in Via Solferino (Milano): cucina mediterranea, carne prima scelta e pesce fresco, ricchi antipasti, tipici dolci della casa e grandi vini DOC
Phone Number: 026590176

Enjoy.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't even really like Obama.
Sutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see how you guys could possibly say Venice isn't worth more than a day. It's one of the favourite places in the world, and to see even the most major attractions it would take two full days, and I would give at least another full day to relax, enjoy it, and maybe walk around the city a bit. I can't comment on Milan, but Rome is, in my opinion, the city that only needs a couple days. You see the Colosseum, the Trevy Fountain, Circus Maximus, Pantheon, etc. and you're about done. Three days max for there. I would gladly trade two days in Rome for one in Venice.

p.s. I can recommend a hotel for Venice if you're interested. Nothing too fancy, but it's very close to the train station and has great staff, rooms and views.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
I stayed at the Hotel Bonvecchiati right in the heart of San Marco within walking distance of just about everything. I thought it was a great place. We had dinner at Trattoria Do Forni which came highly recommended by some of the locals. I could see why after eating there. Their dishes were rather tasty albeit expensive.

I was in Venice for about 3 days and that to me wasn't enough time to see everything. I'd like to come back one day to explore more and try some more of the local spots out.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:23 PM
I don't even really like Obama.
Sutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
I stayed at the Hotel Bonvecchiati right in the heart of San Marco within walking distance of just about everything. I thought it was a great place. We had dinner at Trattoria Do Forni which came highly recommended by some of the locals. I could see why after eating there. Their dishes were rather tasty albeit expensive.

I was in Venice for about 3 days and that to me wasn't enough time to see everything. I'd like to come back one day to explore more and try some more of the local spots out.
I didn't like Trattoria Do Forni that much, but then again Venice isn't known for it's food. I stay(ed) at 'Hotel Antiche Figure' which, as I said, has great staff and very nice rooms. Depending on what you consider walking distance, it's not close to San Marco or some other attractions, but the vaporetti (water buses) get you pretty much anywhere within a few minutes.

You definitely should visit the islands Murano and Burano. Murano is famous for its glasswork, and most hotels will send you over there for a tour of a glass factory for free (though there's some sales pressure, which may make you want to go over on your own). Burano is a small island with, traditionally, a fishing community and some very interesting buildings. It also has a very good restaurant, the name of which I'll edit in if I can remember it.

A lot of people don't go on a Gondola ride because they think it's a touristy gimmick, but, despite the cost (50 euros +) I think it's worth it. It provides an entirely different view of the city, and the stories that many of the gondoliers tell are very interesting -- some of their families have been 'in the business' for generations.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
If you come to Milan Robert, I will fire up one of my cars and go meet you there.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Malloreddus is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Robert ! Maybe i can help you

In Milan you must see :

-Duomo di Milano

-Galleria(gallery) Vittorio Emanuele II

-Castello Sforzesco

and the shops Armani, Valentino....
& the models

Rome is big city you need 3/4 days to see all, and you can see the Vatican City Vatican City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope give you a little help

Old 04-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Malloreddus
Hi Robert ! Maybe i can help you

In Milan you must see :

-Duomo di Milano

-Galleria(gallery) Vittorio Emanuele II

-Castello Sforzesco

and the shops Armani, Valentino....
& the models

Rome is big city you need 3/4 days to see all, and you can see the Vatican City Vatican City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope give you a little help

Benvenuti a TS!!!

Quick Reply: Milan/Venice and possibly Rome.