Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food (https://teamspeed.com/forums/travel-hotels-resorts-restaurants-food/)
-   -   Milan/Venice and possibly Rome. (https://teamspeed.com/forums/travel-hotels-resorts-restaurants-food/55992-milan-venice-possibly-rome.html)

Redlinerobert 03-08-2011 01:06 PM

Milan/Venice and possibly Rome.

Guys,

Planning a trip (next year) but wanted to know when the best time would be to go. I figure 4-5 days at each place should be good? I've pretty much decided on where to stay, just looking for suggestions on can't miss type stuff while there.

Brobbins016 03-08-2011 01:18 PM

Venice is worth a day. Nothing more. Go in May or September, great weather, few tourists. Milan works but think of either the Villa De Este on Lake Como to the north or the Fini hotel in Modena. I plan on retiring in Modena. It's my favorite place outside of Capri.

If you decide to go, PM me. I have spent a lot of time in country. I can help with Rome, Amalfi, and most of northern.

bmoores 03-08-2011 01:20 PM

Robert,

Milan is one of my favorite places in the world. Check out L'Amore for a great meal. Also while you are in Milan i'd consider a day trip up to Stressa/Lake Magiorre. One of the less touristy lakes and unbelievably beautiful. I went in June and it wasn't too hot. I'll post more things as I think of them.

Redlinerobert 03-08-2011 03:11 PM

Thanks guys, much appreciated. May or June would be ideal for me. Perhaps a couple days in Venice and 4 in Milan with anothr 4 somewhere else, perhaps a port city? Im totally open to recomendations..

bmoores 03-08-2011 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Redlinerobert (Post 890565)
Thanks guys, much appreciated. May or June would be ideal for me. Perhaps a couple days in Venice and 4 in Milan with anothr 4 somewhere else, perhaps a port city? Im totally open to recomendations..

Rob check the pics in my FB albums. I can tell you right now if I was going to call it quits and camp out one place for the rest of my life it would almost certainly be Stressa. Food, Wine, Women, beautiful scenery and mischief provoking roads. I'd burn my passport if I had the means to end up there.

The first 20 pics or so in the Lake Magiorre Album are of Stressa. We took a ferry to Isola Bella which was the tourist trap of the area but worth seeing.

RDuke 03-08-2011 03:21 PM

Check your PM. I use to live in Milano.

Ag Surfer 03-08-2011 03:29 PM

Subscribed because I might be heading there for my honeymoon. Haven't decided yet.

Barrister 03-08-2011 03:31 PM

During the Rome Grand Prix.

Brobbins016 03-08-2011 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Barrister (Post 890604)
During the Rome Grand Prix.

I think the mille Miglia is in early May this year. EPIC! Did it in 2008. Do it! Even if she is not a car girl, it is a wonderful historic time.

atomic80 03-08-2011 06:51 PM

I'm going to Venice this Thursday and will comment on my thoughts while I'm there. I'm pretty sure that it's going to be "mad" packed at this time of the year. I'll be sure to check out L'Amore too. Thanks for the tip, Ben.