Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Garden Route in South Africa in December.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Garden Route in South Africa in December.

Just came back from my holidays and here I am planning the next one.

We're looking at several places for a week (or two) vacation and one of them is the Garden Route from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth.

The plan is to rent a car and to "slowly" drive towards Port Elizabeth, visiting the various towns, hotels and PoI along the way.

Has anybody done this or looked into it? How feasible is it to simply rent a car and randomly choose a decent hotel for the night without a prior booking (especially in December)? Is it worth the effort?

As this is more of a road trip rather than a stay-in-resort-and-chill vacation, I thought I'd ask some of you for advice.

Thanks,
Y.