Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

My Trip to South Africa

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 12:04 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
My Trip to South Africa

So in the search of new places I haven't traveled to before few months ago I decided to go to South Africa this fall. And when unexpectedly I was invited to join the trade mission from one European country to Johannesburg I was more than happy.

So on 26th of Nov I arrived to Joburg. On my way to Davinci hotel (which I would kindly recommend to anyone travelling to this awesome city) I haven't felt like I'm in Africa, something more close to may be combination of US and EU cities. Large highways, good quality of surface, lots and lots of luxury cars on the roads.

Definitely there are problems in this city - like crime, poverty and so on, but its absolutely exaggerated by foreign media, just being street smart I didn't felt any less safer than in any civilized big city in the world.

Weather was extremely nice, sunny, pleasant and just fine, air quality is very good for such a big city.

And the most interesting part of Joburg part of journey I met in person one of most, if not the most legendary persons here on TS - Mike S. It was quite nice of him to find a few hours of time in his busy schedule to enjoy a lunch with me and take me for quick stroll in one of his cars. I definitely appreciate that a lot. It was extremely interesting to have a conversation with him about cars and all other things.

Then I went to Cape Town for a few days of partying, beach and fun. And all I can say that city is perfect for that. I enjoyed my three days in Cape Town like nothing else this year. Sun, fun, girls, cars, scenery, everything was just outstanding.

I went to Table Mountain, Cape Point, vineyards, and finally went for a night out to Camps Bay - its really has everything South Beach of Miami has to offer minus broke macho guys and silicon boobs girls

Unfortunately there are almost no interesting pics of Johannesburg because of extensive business meetings schedule, I really had only few free hours I used to have a lunch with Mike, but all other time I was extremely busy, but in Cape Town I have snapped few pics I want to share with you.

Attached Images           
Old 12-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Pleasure to have officially met you my friend. Glad you found the trip to be so enjoyable. Hope you see you back soon and we can go for a proper drive

Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
Pleasure to have officially met you my friend. Glad you found the trip to be so enjoyable. Hope you see you back soon and we can go for a proper drive
Thanks for meet up my friend, this trip was definitely one of my best travel experiences in few past years and I definitely will be visiting Cape Town again, hopefully soon enough.

Also I would like to say to all people who like to travel - don't be afraid, don't give a f to what media says, pay this country a visit, especially Cape Town and you'll hardly regret, amazing place to play and to enjoy yourself.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Looks amazing man. Cape Town is definitely on the short list.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Between 2005 and 20010 I did a shit load of traveling and saw a good portion of the world. I always regretted not hitting SA and this is just one more example why. I can not wait to visit. I have friends in Port Elizabeth that id like to see and I've heard that Durban is one o the finest destinations in the world for surfing.

Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond repute
I visit SA twice a year. We operate a factory in gauteng and have come to adore the country and its people!

In the pipeline is our new property acquisition in Simons Town on the way to The Cape of good hope!

I enjoy every minute of my stay in Cape Town especially if you're lodging in camps bay!

Make sure u stop over at sun city for some gambling too

Old 12-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Been to RSA several times myself. Visited Soweto just to show my boys how grateful they should be for what they have. Amazing continent. Also visited Zimbabwe and got to see Victoria falls

Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nice
Been to Cape Town as well. Still think it is the most beautiful city I have ever been to.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
Great to hear the positive feedback on SA. The media always create unnecessary hype over SA and it's crime. True, go to a bad area and you are looking for trouble, but the same applies for any other country though. I'm based in Johannesburg but I go to Cape Town regularly. To me Cape Town feels like I am in a European city. Just this weekend I was in the Madikwe Game Reserve and I saw Lions, Rhino, Elephant just to name a few only 10 metres away. Not many countries where you can experience that

Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Just more proof that Mike S is awesome. Glad you enjoyed your trip, D55L. In which car did you get a ride in ?

Cheers to you, Mike !

Quick Reply: My Trip to South Africa