Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Chicago in March... Where to stay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 05:47 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Thanks BRobbins! How far in advance to you recommend making reservations for Tavern?
I would make the call soon. Weekends are pretty full, you will love it!

Make sure to go to the SkyBar at the hotel W. You don't have to wait in line, walk up the lobby in front of the line and slide one of the bouncers a $20.00. Your in and on the elevator. Also check out the place on top of the Handcock Building at night. Nice bar and you can see miles of Chicago's lights.

Last edited by Brobbins016; 01-25-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks man, I owe you a drink if you're ever in MN.

EDIT: I checked out the menu at Tavern on Rush and booked a reservation for a Sunday night. The food looks delicious.

Last edited by Alzilla; 01-25-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
Second on the W and Sofitel choices.

What kind of food would you like to try?

Chicago has a lot of options (pizza, gastronomical crazyness, great sushi, etc) ... i can point to a IMHO best of breed for around the city in the categories you wanna try.

email me (first name at last name) for a timely response :-)

Old 02-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Some Hot Dougs inspiration: special of the week...Game of the Week 2/1~ Mountain Man Sausage (a damn tasty combo of Venison, Elk, Antelope & Buffalo) w/ Bacon-Garlic Mayo & Smoked Gouda

Old 02-01-2010, 11:14 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Thanks man, I owe you a drink if you're ever in MN.

EDIT: I checked out the menu at Tavern on Rush and booked a reservation for a Sunday night. The food looks delicious.
It is. You make sure you arrive a little early for a cocktail downsatairs before dinner. It's a hell of a show! Enjoy. You are driving through Madison to get there and back home, if you want to mid drive stop feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Brobbins016; 02-01-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
It is. You make sure you arrive a little early for a cocktail downsatairs before dinner. It's a hell of a show! Enjoy. You are driving through Madison to get there and back home, if you want to mid drive stop feel free to PM me.
Thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind. We can't check in at the Allerton until 3PM so we'll probably stop around Madison for lunch.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Just looked at Tavern on Rush's website. Looks really good, I'm going to make a reservation there also.

We're staying here: Unsupported Browser

Old 02-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
^ stayed there a few times, enjoyed that stay. Where in STL do you live?

Old 02-23-2010, 01:59 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yzracer931
^ stayed there a few times, enjoyed that stay. Where in STL do you live?
Midtown/Downtown. I'm here for school but I'll be graduating in May and then moving back home to Hawai'i to take a year off before med school.

I know that hotel isn't a Four Seasons or anything spectacular, but I figure my GF and I will only be sleeping there anyway. It looks nice/clean/safe which is all we really need.

Plus it's only gonna cost me ~$270 for 3 nights. Pretty good deal imo.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by STLG
Midtown/Downtown. I'm here for school but I'll be graduating in May and then moving back home to Hawai'i to take a year off before med school.

I know that hotel isn't a Four Seasons or anything spectacular, but I figure my GF and I will only be sleeping there anyway. It looks nice/clean/safe which is all we really need.

Plus it's only gonna cost me ~$270 for 3 nights. Pretty good deal imo.
You might be able to get it even cheaper if you have a AAA card. Just a thought. I used mine to get 15% off on my hotel room at the Allerton and saved another 10% by skipping the housekeeping since we'll only be there for 3 days. I think I ended up paying $200 for a King room at the Allerton right on Michigan Ave.

Quick Reply: Chicago in March... Where to stay?