Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Chicago in March... Where to stay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Chicago in March... Where to stay? :::BACK WITH PICS!:::

I'm planning a long weekend trip (Fri-Mon) to Chicago in March with my GF. I've never been there before but I've wanted to go for the past few years. I'm looking for a cool hotel to stay at that offers a unique atmosphere and is close to a lot of the main stuff to see and do in the city. Ideally, I'd like to keep the rates under $150/night.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on things to see and do there in addition to places to stay, I'm all ears.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Alzilla; 03-09-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
sledhead36 is an unknown quantity at this point
The "W" near the lake.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
$125 a night, that's not gonna happen unless you stay in a dump. Everytime I go it is $400-$750 a night if you stay down town on/off Michigan Ave

The Ritz, The Drake & The Trump is the last three places I have stayed and it was great each time

Good luck

Old 01-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
^I stayed at the Allerton, if you do you have to get an Executive Ste, they are very large and spacious rooms. They do not have a restaurant and there bar stinks, other than that its a pretty nice room in a great location

Old 01-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
do a search on Expedia or something, I'm sure you'll find a nice place for your budget

Embassy Suites on Columbus is nice

and the Sheraton on North Water St is nice as well

Old 01-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
And once you find a place to stay, and want to have a real italian dinner, try LaScarola just outside of downtown on Grand Ave. Make reservations now.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I always have the best luck with hotels.com

I think the Seneca is great value and it's right next to the Hancock building

Old 01-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
What about good places to eat? Are there any "must eat" restaurants that are worth checking out? Who's got the best deep dish pizza?

Old 01-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Geno's and Uno's^

Quick Reply: Chicago in March... Where to stay?