Notices
The Teamspeed Wheel & Tire Forum The Teamspeed Wheel & Tire Forum Is Where You Will Find All The Latest News, Technical Info, and Trends!

HRE Wheels shows us just how light and awesome aftermarket wheels can be

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
I looked but I didn't see the weights of these wheels listed. Can you give us an example of a 19" wheel for example and how much it weighs compared to an equivalent wheel made in magnesium, etc.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:19 AM
Former Sponsor
HRE_Wheels has much to be proud ofHRE_Wheels has much to be proud ofHRE_Wheels has much to be proud ofHRE_Wheels has much to be proud ofHRE_Wheels has much to be proud ofHRE_Wheels has much to be proud ofHRE_Wheels has much to be proud ofHRE_Wheels has much to be proud ofHRE_Wheels has much to be proud ofHRE_Wheels has much to be proud ofHRE_Wheels has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by atomic80
I looked but I didn't see the weights of these wheels listed. Can you give us an example of a 19" wheel for example and how much it weighs compared to an equivalent wheel made in magnesium, etc.
The preview HRE Wheels - Carbon Series CF2 show above is 19"x8.75" weighing at 15.9 lbs (7.2 kg)

The fitment is for a front of a 997 Porsche.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:16 AM
Teamspeed Member
jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
About durability, I talked to the guys of Carbon Revolution at Sema and they said their wheels are so strong that the other vehicle components would fail before the wheels would. I was skeptical as to how they would fair on the notoriously poor LA roads but the info they gave me about their testing and strength reassured me that carbon wheels can be safe. I am sure HRE have a similarly competent product.

Last edited by jhietter; 12-15-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Yea Carbon Fiber is extremely durable. Not sure why it wouldn't be "rugged"