Notices
The Teamspeed Music Forum General Music Discussions, Trends, Instruments, Equipment, Pro Audio, Driving Music, & More.

Must read for any Zeppelin fan

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Must read for any Zeppelin fan

They employed a lady whose only job was to give the members blow and dab their noses with cherry snuff and '66 Dom? And people question my motives to become a musician lol.

The truth behind the Led Zeppelin legend - Times Online

Last edited by ashokn225; 07-02-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
I call complete bullshit, have you read any of the books by people who surrounded them? Never a mention of someone like this, and it would have been. They tell about all kinds of things they you think they wouldn't have

Old 07-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
I call complete bullshit, have you read any of the books by people who surrounded them? Never a mention of someone like this, and it would have been. They tell about all kinds of things they you think they wouldn't have
I've read Hammer of the Gods, and honestly, the point of this article is the opposite of what you're implying. It's to tone down the debauchery of led zeppelin. Because LZ were really the pioneers of alot of the rock and roll "bigger than life" persona. With the 720 plane, the black magic, the girls, the drugs, and everything, it was all about theater.

But like Hammer of the Gods, for example, which was really based on Richard Cole's experience with them, makes them out to be much worse than this, musically, and in terms of excessiveness. The problem with that is that Cole was a heroin addict, and the sole reason Page became one too. So it's hard to credit any of his claims, considering he contributed to the book after being fired.

As Page said, "I think I opened [the book] up in the middle somewhere and started to read it, and I just threw it out the window. I was living by a river then, so it actually found its way to the bottom of the sea".

LZ were the pioneers of rock and roll debauchery. There's no doubt they were the biggest band in the world post 1972 till Bonhams death. And just with that in mind, and the acceptive attitude of people at that time in terms of drugs and shit, it's not hard to believe most of that article. If anything, as I said, it's toning it down from the rumors. The shark episode for example, is much worse than what's being said in the article. Bonham and Grant actually took pieces of the fish and stuck it in the girls vag lol. And Page did more drugs than all of the Rolling Stones members and The Who combined. That's why In through the out door was such an issue, because Page and Bonham were in their own world with drugs and alcohol. Probably the only album that Page didn't write most of the music (a small bit of trivia----Page actually wrote the lyrics for LZ 1, not just the music).

At any rate, I guess I don't understand why you wouldn't believe that article. It's toned down if anything.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
the myth of the rock star exists for a reason... that was certainly the heyday for it... don't think i'd want to live that life but, hey, i haven't tried it yet

- chuck

Old 07-03-2009, 07:43 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
If Zepplin was still big during the 80's they all would have been dead.

Read Motley Crue: The Dirt It's amazing any of them are still alive after the way they partied.