Notices
The Teamspeed Music Forum General Music Discussions, Trends, Instruments, Equipment, Pro Audio, Driving Music, & More.

Gibson Robot Guitar...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Gibson Robot Guitar...

This will offend the purists, probably.

Oh vell!

I happen to be one of the few people that I know, who likes this "Robot" guitar from Gibson. I like the idea of being able to switch between tunings in seconds. Before hurting my arm, I'd need to switch between multiple guitars to go from song to song. So for that reason, I like this thing. So I'm thinking that as soon as I get my coordination back in my left hand, worthy enough to play in front of others; this thing might be on my list.

YouTube - Gibson Robot Guitar

Old 10-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
I love it. I can't wait for a kit to adapt it to acoustics.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:04 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Holy crap - that is incredible
Johnny Resnick from the goo goo dolls will be all over his one !

Old 10-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty cool. I almost bought one from the first production run. Still wouldn't mind picking one up.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
I was just at American Music.com, and they have these things on sale.

They even have these things in the SG, Explorer, and V body styles.

I don't think that they are selling too well, because AMS has them for $1700.

If I weren't dealing with this scumbag trying to steal my company, I'd take the asswhooping that would surely come from she who must be obeyed...

Old 11-02-2008, 12:57 AM
TeH Ears
I got to mess around with the SG version of this thing today, and damn, it was cool.

I went from standard tuning to Dropped D, to Dropped B, back to standard in under a minute.

to me... that is just cool...

You can even adjust the action on these things. I didn't mess with that, but a friend of mine that manages this particular Guitar Center did. Very cool. Thats $50 I wouldn't have to shell out to have it done.

As soon as I can get some semblance of coordination back in my hand, I'm thinking that I'm going to reward myself with one of Les Paul versions of this thing.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I remember seeing this a while back. Very cool indeed.

Also, Brian, you should just learn to adjust the action on your guitars bro instead of shelling out $50.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:07 AM
TeH Ears
I know I know... I should learn to adjust my own action... I could probably do it, but... I barely have enough time to play as it is. Always seems to have been that way.