Notices
The Teamspeed Music Forum General Music Discussions, Trends, Instruments, Equipment, Pro Audio, Driving Music, & More.

Prodigy: good driving music or greatest driving music?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008 | 08:44 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Here's an interesting snippet I completely forgot and no I'm not the same "Sharky" hehe:
The Prodigy are an electronic music group formed by Liam Howlett in 1990, in Braintree, Essex, England. They have sold around 18 million records worldwide making them the most commercially successful electronic dance music act of recent times.[citation needed] Their music consists of various styles ranging from rave, hardcore and industrial in the early 1990s to alternative rock and bigbeat with punk vocal elements in later times. The current band members include Liam Howlett (composer/keyboards), Keith Flint (dancer/vocalist) and Maxim (MC/vocalist). Leeroy Thornhill (dancer/very occasional live keyboards) was a member of the band from 1990 to 2000, as well was a female dancer/vocalist called Sharky who left the band during their early period. The Prodigy first emerged on the underground rave scene in the early 1990s, and have since then achieved immense popularity and worldwide renown. Some of their most popular songs include "Charly", "Out of Space", "Smack My Bitch Up", "Voodoo People", "No Good (Start the Dance)", "Breathe" and "Firestarter".

The name displayed on album covers changed from "The Prodigy" to "Prodigy" between Music for the Jilted Generation and The Fat of the Land in 1997 and back again with the release of Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned in 2004 however Howlett has stated that the title has always been "The Prodigy". The change was made only to fit within the displayed logo, according to Howlett.[1][2]

The official website has a new section dedicated to the future of The Prodigy, currently the only info is "We have started writing and recording new material for the 5th prodigy album. we will be recording for the most of next year as well as playing live around the globe. Liam, Keith & Maxim."[3]

Old 02-04-2008 | 09:08 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Pridgy CD never leaves the car.

Old 02-23-2008 | 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
HighwayStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

It's a little weathered but that doesn't bother me none. Listening to them has gotten me in trouble a few times, can't seem to control my foot.

Last edited by HighwayStar; 02-23-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-23-2008 | 08:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carendt242
we have both officially shown our age in this thread

- chuck
its alright, I already knew both of you were two old farts.

:rofl:

Old 02-24-2008 | 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
i was listening to Experience yesterday - what an amazing album. i haven't listened to it in over a year - the bass on that album is ridiculous. for me, Experience will always be the greatest Prodigy album.

- chuck