Notices
Teamspeed Green The Forum For Cars That Will Change Our World & Way Of Thinking.

Fuel Price Question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
trojanman is an unknown quantity at this point
While my wife and I have the means to pay these prices without changing our lifestyle, it really irks me from a principle standpoint. I am strongly considering a Civic Natural Gas, as that's the only non-gasoline option that's commercially viable at the moment. If and when more CNG, Electric, or other alternative fuels become available, I will most definitely buy one.

I just can't stand the thought of filling the coffers of middle east and venezuela while they are quite literally raping us just to have fun and pad their pockets.

There is absolutely ZERO reason for gas to be as expensive as it is today.

Additionally, why the hell aren't we exploiting Iraq's oil? The rest of the world already hates us. Why not just make one final move...like the icing on the cake.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:30 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Scott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by trojanman
While my wife and I have the means to pay these prices without changing our lifestyle, it really irks me from a principle standpoint. I am strongly considering a Civic Natural Gas, as that's the only non-gasoline option that's commercially viable at the moment. If and when more CNG, Electric, or other alternative fuels become available, I will most definitely buy one.

I just can't stand the thought of filling the coffers of middle east and venezuela while they are quite literally raping us just to have fun and pad their pockets.

There is absolutely ZERO reason for gas to be as expensive as it is today.

Additionally, why the hell aren't we exploiting Iraq's oil? The rest of the world already hates us. Why not just make one final move...like the icing on the cake.
I see several lots of reasons for it to be so expensive.

1) We're at peek oil. The demand has finally passed the supply (85m barrels/day supply vs 87m barrels/day demand)
2) Libs won't allow drilling anywhere domestic
3) The weak @ss dollar. Oil hasn't risen nearly as much vs. the Euro. It's 300% more expensive vs the dollar

Old 05-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Funny, I had a similar conversation w/ my dad (who drives a LOT) just last weekend. His answer 'nope', in the big scheme of things it's still peanuts, he's actually considering moving back into a RR/Q7 etc.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by trojanman

Agreed on the foreign policy thing.

Where would you fill up a CNG vehicle? I wonder if I could convert my Avalanche to CNG...

Old 05-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a college student, and this year I've made the move to pay for the majority of all my expenses (tuition, living expenses, etc.). Because of this, I've always thought of gas as peanuts in comparison to tuition, etc., however, I'm starting to really notice the increased expense. I've paid for my own gas since I started driving, and always had the mindset that gas costs what it costs, and I'm not going to let if affect my plans or what I want to do. But, I just filled my TL with Plus (had about 1/8th of a tank left) for $52... that hurts! I've changed my driving style, and am no longer so adement in driving everywhere, I'll happily jump in the passenger seat now.

This summer could get ugly...

Last edited by M5Kid; 05-28-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean
Agreed on the foreign policy thing.

Where would you fill up a CNG vehicle? I wonder if I could convert my Avalanche to CNG...

yes, you can convert your Avalanche

Old 05-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
tamaneri is an unknown quantity at this point
costs like 6-10 grand to convert..... plus the loss of your trunk, and a smaller tank size

if i'm not mistaken...

Old 05-28-2008, 04:34 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Stryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond repute
My daily driver gets about 5mpg and my wifes about 10mpg and I have noticed traffic is lighter since prices went up. I don't mind $8 per gallon to make the roads empty. More time saved driving will FAR surpass the cost of the fuel.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
gil, if that is the scenario on ny, then you're probably better off. however, i don't think it's made a dent in the driving population of los angeles. the roads and freeways are just as crowded now as ever.

Quick Reply: Fuel Price Question.