Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

I have settled on my carry weapon S&W J-Frame .38

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
I have settled on my carry weapon S&W J-Frame .38

Does nayone here have one of these? They seem to be a great gun for the money. I looked at one locally today and the gun store employee had the same one I was looking at as his carry, said all the other guys up there do as well.

S&W Airweight J-Frame .38

here is a Cabelas link to one...
Smith & Wesson J-Frame Centerfire Revolvers, Revolvers & Miscellaneous, Handguns, Shooting : Cabela's

Smith & Wesson’s compact revolvers are ideal for concealed carry, home defense and backup firearms for law enforcement and security personnel. We offer a wide range of models to choose from in both hammerless double-action-only styles and double-action/single-action versions with exposed hammers. Caliber choices include models chambered in .38 Special and also in .357 Magnum and the new .327 Federal Magnum.
Available:

Model 442 Airweight® - No Internal Lock: – Weighing in at less than 16 oz., this is protection you can carry comfortably all day. The aluminum-alloy frame and carbon-steel cylinder have matte black finish. Hammerless, double-action-only design with integral fixed sights. Synthetic grip. Chambered for .38 Special+P, it has a five-shot capacity.

Attached Images   
Old 08-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Amazing weapons. Excellent choice and one I highly recommend.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Not bad, but I would suggest a Glock G27 with laser sight.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
IMO wheel guns are antiquated. But the best gun is the one you actually carry

Old 08-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Why a laser for self defense? You won't have time to focus on a laser or aim.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by 81911
Why a laser for self defense? You won't have time to focus on a laser or aim.
It will certainly help with your second shot. Plus the red dot tends to cause the criminal to surrender.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
There will be no surrender, if I am pulling the weapon it is too shoot to kill, and that is all there is too it

Thanks for the replies guys! Ill post pics when i pick one up

Old 08-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
dunno about that, snub nose are typically not very accurate at all, but hey if you can shoot it well than so be it

Old 08-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Stelthpilot, if you're pulling out a gun you shoot to kill. Period. This isn't the movies were criminals just give up. And you still won't use that damn laser anyway.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
I think that S&W will be a great carry gun. They are ultra light, in .357 have some good velocity even with the short barrel, and are controlable. As with any gun practice, practice, practice and become proficient at shooting it.

Quick Reply: I have settled on my carry weapon S&W J-Frame .38