Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Vice: Shooting the biggest guns money can buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 07-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
They are what allows a weapon to fire on fully automatic, without the action stopping. There is a firing sequence which is specific to each weapon. The M4, for example: firing, unlocking, extracting, ejecting, cocking, feeding, chambering, locking. The sear allows the weapon to cycle repeatedly (automatically) without stopping this sequence.

Hope that answers your question bud.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Why yes it did. Thank you.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome. Wish I made it one of the years I was in AZ. But The Big Sandy isn't even remotely in Scottsdale. It's in the high desert about 150 miles north and west of Phoenix.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Banned
SECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
And the cops in Canada do not carry sidearms?

Not being a dick, just a question. I have a friend with literally, seriously 2000 weapons. He has 400K in his collection, built a bunker as well. H has a .50 set in every direction of his property.
Did he piss of the world and as a result is expecting something bad to happen to him. Beyond that I would call that extreme at many levels.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SECTOR 911
Did he piss of the world and as a result is expecting something bad to happen to him. Beyond that I would call that extreme at many levels.
Extreme yes. But if the Government decided to 'lock down' it's People- I'd call this guy a hero for having all that shit.

Make no mistake, the people who own those sorts of weapons aren't the crazy ones. Crazy ones are like the idiot who killed all those innocent people in CO this past weekend.

If crazy's *knew* that regular joe's were walking around with Carbines - they sure as shit would think twice before going full 'coo coo for cocoa puffs'.

So I for one appreciate guys with large collections.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Banned
SECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond reputeSECTOR 911 has a reputation beyond repute
There has been a lot of dialogue throughout the country and on this specific forum about guns etc. resulting from the recent Co shooting. I do not think anyone in US Government is going take away any law abiding person the right to bear or own guns ever. So if people are stock piling thinking that will happen I would say their concern is unnecessary. The 2nd amendment is pretty powerful and will stand. Will their be pros and cons against and for it. Sure. But thats why we live in a country that allows freedom of speech and freedom in general to do whatever we want within the laws that govern us.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SECTOR 911
There has been a lot of dialogue throughout the country and on this specific forum about guns etc. resulting from the recent Co shooting. I do not think anyone in US Government is going take away any law abiding person the right to bear or own guns ever. So if people are stock piling thinking that will happen I would say their concern is unnecessary. The 2nd amendment is pretty powerful and will stand. Will their be pros and cons against and for it. Sure. But thats why we live in a country that allows freedom of speech and freedom in general to do whatever we want within the laws that govern us.
You live in the U.S.?

Shit, I would have used this a while ago

Having made that point, I actually agree with your post. For the last 20 years politicians have gotten nowhere trying to push gun control laws, b/c for the most part the American public doesn't want them. I don't think Romney or Obama are going to risk pushing the issue.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
zotbot will become famous soon enoughzotbot will become famous soon enoughzotbot will become famous soon enoughzotbot will become famous soon enoughzotbot will become famous soon enoughzotbot will become famous soon enoughzotbot will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Ok what's a full auto sears?
Read all about 'em (with pics)

Heckler and Koch Sear FAQ - Class 3 Firearms - Gun Forums

Old 07-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow that tell you pretty much everything. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Vice: Shooting the biggest guns money can buy